36

Jahseh and I didn't break up, I just needed a break. I haven't talked to him in two days nor have I been to school.

I needed to cool off and I didn't need everyone coming up to my face asking me what had happened at the club a few nights ago.

I walked downstairs dressed in a white sun dress with a pair of gold gladiator sandals. My hair was flat ironed bone straight and I wore light make up, and no jewelry. My mom stood downstairs with the keys in her hands, waiting on me I guess.

I thought about it and decided to go ahead and meet my dad. I had a lot of questions for him, but I wasn't going to forgive him that easily.

I was actually quite nervous to see him. I didn't know what he looked like and I didn't know what his personality was like.

My mom and I made our way out the door and got into her car. I clicked on my seat belt while she started up the car.

The drive to the coffee shop was about 20 minutes long. We pulled up in front of the spot and stopped the car. I looked over at my mom, having second thoughts about going inside by myself and meeting this man.

She gave me a reassuring smile and nodded her head.

"Why can't you come inside with me?" I asked her.

"Because I have to be to work in 10 minutes Taylor. Trust me, everything will be fine. If it doesn't go well just give me a call and I'll come pick you up" she said.

I hesitated then sighed. I opened the door and got out closing it behind me.

"Try to take it easy on him Tay, remember he's still your dad"

I nodded my head then sheepishly walked away heading into the coffee shop. My mom pulled off and I looked around the place nervously.

My stomach was doing backflips and my heart was pounding. I wasn't exactly sure why I was even scared and so nervous.

My eyes darted across the place until they landed on a tall dark skinned man sitting towards the back. I studied his facial features and noticed that he shared the same exact eyes and nose as me.

He was a built man, and he looked wealthy. I began to walk towards his table awkwardly and pulled out the chair in front of him.

He looked up at me and began to smile. I sat down and looked at him not knowing what to say.

"Taylor? Is this really you?" His deep voice asked.

He had a smooth chocolate skin complexion which meant I probably got my bright tone from my mom.

I nodded my head slowly.

"You are.... so beautiful oh my god you look just like your mama" he said smiling at me, showing his perfectly white teeth.

I nodded my head looking around the coffee shop. It was very busy and the waiters walked around hurriedly from table to table.

"So um. How you been?" He asked.

"Good"

"How old are you 17?"

"18."

He nodded and stared at me
making me feel extremely uncomfortable and awkward.

"So um, what do you like to do?"