14

The night of the game I walked around in my uniform while more and more people paid to get in. It was already packed and we still had 10 minutes before the game even started.

I texted Jahseh to see if he was coming, but got no reply.

I spotted Ashaunti standing near the bleachers with her boyfriend so I went over to bother the both of them before the game started.

"Hey Shaunti, hey Chrissy" I spoke to them.

"Gone with that gay shit but wassup Taylor"

"Hey babyyy"

Ashaunti pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back while laughing at Chris.

"Im gonna go to my place on the field I'll talk to you after the game okay?" I told her.

"Okay break a leg! Well actually no, don't do that. Please don't do that, I'll cry" She said as I began to walk off.

I laughed and went over to the field where the rest of the cheerleaders were. Kayla stood there associating with other girls as I approached them.

"Hey Tay" Kayla said.

"Hey, Is Marco out there yet?" I asked looking over at all the football players.

Marco and Darius played on our school's football team, while Cj and Mario played basketball. Marco just so happened to be the star football player on the team though.

"Yeah he's out there" She said.

Him and I hadn't said a word to each other lately because every time I came around he'd get up and leave. He wouldn't even sit with us at lunch anymore and every time I tried to talk to him, he'd just ignore me.

I wasn't sure what his problem was but the rest of them still fucked with me. Cj just acted a little shady some times, but as always I brushed it off.

We began to do stretches as the time counted down for the first quarter to start.

We got into our places and I stood in the front led along with a few other girls as we faced the crowd.

I spotted Jahseh walking 3 steps up the bleachers along Ms.Cleopatra, Aiden, and my mom who was supposed to had been at work.

I watched as they took a seat while Aiden ate popcorn. Jahseh's eyes roamed the cheer squad until his eyes met mine.

I smiled and waved happily. I was too happy right now because I didn't think he was going to show up especially with his family and my mom. He smiled and threw his hand up at me a little.

Kayla looked at me then over to where my eyes were planted.

When she seen Jahseh, she looked back at me and rolled her eyes before shaking her head.

After the game I went to go search for Jahseh and the rest of them. My forehead was sweaty from all the back flips and moving around we did.

Our team had won our first game 45 to 13 and the crowd was beyond hyped as well as everyone else out on the field from our school.

I spotted my mom standing by the entrance with them as they waited for me I guess. I approached them and my mom pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Taylor, you were pretty good out there! I didn't know you could do back flips and was that flexible" Ms.Cleopatra said making me laugh.