CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I don't know where i am getting the energy from but I can't stop writing. lol. enjoy.

                                                                        CHAPTER 4

I woke up with an annoying alarm the next morning. My phone beeped somewhere under my pillow and I struggled to find it. I hit the red mark as soon as I found it and rubbed my eyes groaning. I should have stuck to those alarm clocks. At least I could throw them and break them in the mornings, you cannot do that with your i-phone.

Yawning, I sat on the bed and stretched my hand over my head. My headed felt heavy and dizzy.

"You woke up?" A voice came from the entrance of the room. I moved my head so fast I almost sprained my neck. I looked at the figure completely in shock as he was standing by the threshold holding a tray in his hands, wearing just his pants that were hanging low on his waist.

"Josh? What are you doing in my house?" I asked my eyes wide like saucers.

"Making you coffee?" he walked inside the room and put the tray on my bed side table. The portion of the bed near me dipped with his weight. I looked at him confused and then around the room as if that would answer me why a handsome shirtless bar tender is sitting on my bed.

I looked down at myself and found that my clothes from last night have been changed into one of my old baggy t-shirts that I bought from the men's section. Then I looked at his shirtless figure and his smile. My eyes moved back and forth between him and my changed clothes.

"Josh?" I finally tried to speak.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"What happened last night? Between us?"

"I brought you home and you passed out." I said shrugging his shoulders.

"Are you sure?" I asked eyeing him up and down.

"Ofcourse I am. Wait you think I... whoa Katherine no!" he jumped up from the bed and stood beside me looking as shocked and embarrassed as me now.

"God no! I would never take advantage of you like that Kat." He said looking directly into my eyes. His face looked so sad I felt like I ran over his puppy with my truck. I knew he was telling the truth. I sighed in relief.

"I am sorry." I apologized. He sat down on the bed again, this time a little closer and handed me a cup a coffee. I took a cup from his hand, looking down all the time too embarrassed to look him in the eyes. I mumbled a small thank you and took a sip.

"It's okay. How are you feeling now?" he tilted his head to the side and I noticed he had a small scar on his left cheek.

"My head feels heavy." I said. He put his hand on my head to check my temperature.

"Jesus Katherine! You are burning." He almost shouted at my face.

"Huh?" I looked at him as if he was speaking Spanish not English.

"You have fever." He said. I put my own hand over my head and felt my warm skin.

"It's a little warm." I replied.

"A little warm? I am going to go call the doctor." He said standing once again.

"Josh. Don't. I am fine." I tried to pull him back with my hands but all of a sudden I felt all my energy drained out.