CHAPTER 40

AUTHOR'S NOTE- DEAR READERS, I KNOW I MISSED A COUPLE OF UPDATES AND I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THAT BUT I NEEDED SOMETIME TO COPE UP WITH A FEW THINGS I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH AND STILL I AM. I TRIED TO COME UP WITH THIS CHAPTER IN THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY I COULD, BUT IF IT IS NOT. I AM SORRY.  

CHAPTER 40

I woke up with a pondering headache. The white lights falling on my eyes made me cringe and I closed them once again. Then I heard her voice. "She is waking up."

Hearing Ashley's voice, a painful groan left my mouth without my permission and I tried to open my eyelids once again. Suddenly everyone present in that room, surrounded me stared down at me, and I stared back completely dumbfounded.

"Are you alright?" Joffery asked helping me sit up.

"I... I guess. My head hurts. What happened?" I asked rubbing the side of my head.

"You passed out." This time it was Clary who answered my question. I turned my head slightly towards the direction of her voice. I took in her appearance then it all hit me back. The party, the washroom and then the revelation. My head started spinning all over again and my chest started feeling contracted. I could not remember the process of breathing. I looked around frantically and yet nothing was visible. My vision started getting blurry.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Calm down." Joffery suddenly sat in front of me on his knees and held both my hands in his.

"Now take a deep breath and slowly let it go." I did as he instructed all the while looking into his eyes. Somehow those oceanic blue iris were soothing me.

"It's okay. Everything is okay." He kept repeating until I finally calmed down a bit.

"Where is he?" I asked. Everyone knew I was talking about Ryder but none of them said anything.

"Okay. You wouldn't tell me. I would just go and look for myself." I got up from my comfortable couch but Joffery stopped me by pulling my hands getting me back to my position.

"Now there is no need for that. He is just bidding farewell to our guests. He will be here. Now sit down and think rationally."

"Think rationally? I have been living a lie all this years and you want me to sit down and think rationally? I need answers Joffery." I wanted to shout but I was feeling so exhausted, my voice almost quivered.

"I know love, I know." He sat beside me now and wrapped his arms around my body pulling me closer to him. I hid my face in the crook of his neck and engulfed the fragrance of his cologne. I know I should not be seeking comfort from someone who was involved with Ryder. It would not take a genius to find out that Joffery was very much aware of everything about our past even when I thought he was not, and yet he still agreed for everything Ryder asked for.

But right now, I wanted to channel all my energy and anger towards Ryder. And also Joffery gives really warm and comforting hugs. If you are a girl, you know what I am talking about.

"Joffery." Ryder's firm voice echoed through the silence of the room after a few minutes. I raised my head to look at his direction. With ruffled, messy hair, dark grey eyes and a gloomy look, he stood by the entrance and looked right through me. His eyes then lingered for a few second on Joffery and his eyes and his jaws clenched but then his attention was back to me. My first instinct was to jump and punch him square on the face but Joffery was still holding me tight making it difficult for me to move.

Ryder walked in the room and his head turned towards Clary who unlike me was free to land one on his nose and damn the girl did a number on his face. Ryder staggered back not expecting the attack.