CHAPTER 22

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. MY SECRET EX-HUSBAND REACHED #57 AND IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS. NOTHING EVER HAS MADE ME HAPPIER. SO THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE. I KNOW A LOT OF YOU GUYS ARE SILENT READERS BUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK. SO GUYS KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING. LOVE YOU. AND YEAH, FAIR WARNING- EXPECT SHIT LOAD OF GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN THIS CHAPTER.

CHAPTER 22

I opened the door to see her leaning on the door frame, her red shining hair have grown longer and fell down her shoulders in soft curls. Her big ocean blue eyes stared at me, happily. I blinked once, twice, registering the figure standing in front of me. Before I could realize, she jumped on me squealing. I staggered a step but finally wrapped my hands around her petite figure.

"Oh my god, Clary! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed.

She laughed and hugged me tighter.

"Fuck! I missed you." She said. After a couple of minutes, we finally let each other go. Well, don't judge us. If you see your best friend after a year, you would be glued like this too.

"I missed you too. How are you?" I asked her dragging her inside and closing the door behind us. She dropped her bag on the ground and straight off walked towards the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator and took out a wine bottle. I thought she was going for water.

"Clary, it's like 4 p.m." I said as she was rummaging through the cabinets to look for the glasses.

"So? Did not stop you. You thought I missed the glass in the drawing and that smell coming from you?" She looked over her back, gave me a look with an eyebrow raised that clearly said 'do not fuck with me young lady'. I raised my hands in surrender.

Clary carried the glass and the bottle with her to the drawing and slouched on the couch. She poured the wine in both the glasses and turned on the TV and started surfing the channels.

"Did you come here to watch television?" I asked glaring at her.

"Not really but I am waiting for you to speak up so I can give a dramatic pause and all you know." She said with her eyes still glued to the TV and a smirk on her face.

"Bitch." I muttered, taking another sip of my drink that is when the door bell rang for the second time. I sighed and put the glass down. Would someone let me enjoy my isolation tonight?

I opened the door and there stood in his ragged jeans and a t-shirt that clinged to his body like a second skin highlighting his abs, the most adorable bar tender I have ever met. He stood there flashing me his dimple and a small smile crawled up on my lips on its own.

"Josh, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Umm. I said I will drop by in the evening after your conference. Is it a bad time? I can leave." He said rubbing the back of his neck, the smile on his face disappeared immediately.

"No! No, I am sorry. It just slipped my mind. Long day. Please come in." I opened the door wider to let him in. Josh stepped inside and leant in to kiss my forehead.

"You okay?" He asked. Do I look that obviously down and out right now? I sighed and opened my mouth to speak but a shrill voice cut me in between.

"Katharine Smith, get your ass here. Right now!" Clary shouted from the drawing.

"Who or I should ask, what was that?" Josh asked me looking shocked.

"Umm, that would be my best friend, Clary. We should go, check in." I said and we headed inside.