CHAPTER 14

Author's note: I seriously apologies for the late update but college has been a pain in the ass.       And then I forgot to save my file once and had to do it all over again. So here it is. Enjoy.

                                                                               CHAPTER 14

The heels of my pumps clicked against the shiny tiles as I ran through the empty hallways. I could hear my heart thudding against my rib cage, ready to explode and break into a million pieces. I kept running until I reached somewhere where I could get some air. I pushed the glass doors open and entered into a balcony.

My throat felt constricted, my lungs squeezed. I could not breathe. My heartbeat was going miles per second. I reminded myself to breath. I kept telling myself to exhale and inhale until my heartbeat slowed down a bit but it was far from normal.

I could still feel the sensations running through my body. My stomach still felt warm as if the butterflies were fluttering inside. I brushed my thumb over my lips which felt swollen.

But what felt worse was that I did not want to let him go. I wanted to run back into his arms. Three years. I have been dreaming of this for three years, trying to remember how he felt against me. How his hands wrapped around my tiny waist when he held me tightly against him and how my fingers slipped into his hair. I tried remembering the taste of his lips everyday and some nights I would sleep in his old t-shirts and shirts that I still had just to remember his smell.

None of that felt like anything near what I am feeling right now. I know I have let him break through the one last lock that was holding me up. Now I am vulnerable. I am lost.

I looked at the night sky and blinked a few times to stop the tears that threatened to spill. I am stronger than this. I cannot let him break me all over again. My wounds have yet not healed from the last time and tonight he ripped opened the band-aid.

A cold wind blew across me and I shivered. I wrapped my hands around me to keep myself a little warm. I wasn't yet ready to go back inside.

"Katherine?" A husky voice called for me.

I turned around to find Joffery standing by the door, frowning.

"What are you doing here? I have been looking for you all over the place." He said as he walked closer.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I tried again.

"I..." my voice cracked so I cleared my throat.

"I came for some fresh air."

"Okay. Should we head inside then? Everyone is waiting for you." he said nodding his head towards the glass doors. I nodded in response not trusting my voice.

"Hey, are you alright?" He now looked at me from head to toe to search for any physical signs of damage. Well unless you have an x-ray machine installed in your eyes, you will find nothing.

"Katherine?" he called my name and I realized I have been simply staring at him probably looking a wrecked mess. I sighed.

"Yes. Yes I am fine." I said looking everywhere but at him.

He took another step forward and surprisingly wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I gasped at the sudden physical contact but did not push him away. It felt good in a weird kind of way. I leant into him a little, I don't know why but I did. It just felt good to have someone hold me at the moment. As if reading my mind, Joffery tightened his hold around me.

"You can tell me everything. I am here for you." He whispered against my ears. After a minute, he let me go and looked into my eyes. I just gave him a closed mouth smile and nodded my head in response. I might start crying if I tried to speak. Joffery held my hands and tangled his fingers with mine.