CHAPTER 54

AUTHOR'S NOTE- HEY GUYS, HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING? I HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE AND STAYING HOME. SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND DON'T COME CHASING ME. WE HAVE ONLY ONE MORE TO GO. I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT AND STICKING BY ME.  THANK YOU. HAPPY READING. 

CHAPTER 54

A minute passed as we sat there silently. Neither of us said anything but actually we both were aware what was to come next. And in that moment, each and every moment spent with him flashed in front of my eyes. I was walking down the memory lane. How I tumbled in that bar one night out of nowhere, hopped on one of the tools, my dress so tight and my cleavage so deep, what was I thinking right? I don't know either, I raised my hand but my eyes met those really beautiful shade of brown.

The same pair of brown I was staring at right now. A small smile appeared on my lips and his expression mirrored mine, except his smile was painful and mine was liberating. I was at the stage of acceptance.

Josh slowly moved his right hand near to mine as he sat on the corner of the bed. Then his fingers brushed mine.

"How are you feeling?" He asked thought it wasn't the actual question that was going on his mind.

"Better." I replied.

"And what are you thinking?" He tilted his head to the side like an adorable puppy.

"About us." I said without any hesitation.

He nodded his head, looked at me for a minute and then sighed.

"I know you don't love me. I get it." Josh gave me a closed mouth smile. I opened my mouth to reply but he interrupted me.

"No. don't apologize. You have nothing to apologize for. You didn't have any obligations to return my feelings back whatsoever. It was me who was actually being a dick for chasing my half-brother's wife. You have nothing to apologize for, really."

"Ssshhh.. Shut up." I hissed at him. That immediately quieted him down.

"I wasn't going to apologize. I was going to tell you how wrong you are." I said and Josh looked at me confused, lost at my words.

"Of-course I love you. You have been the support system that I lacked my entire life but found in you. You were there for me in the toughest times and the craziest nights. You have seen my best and worst and my crazy bitch side but you never ever even for once backed out. You are amazing, charming and absolutely gorgeous. What is there not to love?"

"But?" He asked raising both his eyebrows and looking at me in the eyes as if he was expecting this day to come from the very beginning. I gave him a smile, one that reached my lips but not my eyes.

"I just..." I hesitated for a moment. I know I was not supposed to. I know I was going to let go. But this was still Josh and my heart still broke doing this.

"You are not in love with me." He finished for me, looking straight in my eyes and holding my hands tight and all I could do was nod.

"I know. I kind of always knew. But I was... you know, hoping that maybe you would fall for me one day. I don't... I don't have any regrets though. Every moment I spent with you was magical and I am glad it was me you decided to share you sloppy love story with and not one of the bouncers at the bar. I am glad and great full for everything." he said and his voice broke down in the middle.

"But?' My voice came out croaked. He chuckled.

"But I am not just letting you disappear from my life."