CHAPTER 43

AUTHOR'S NOTE- HEY GUYS. HOW'S EVERYONE DOING? SO, HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT. AND YEAH JUST BUCKLE UP FOR THE COMING ONES. THE RIDE IS ABOUT TO START. WE ARE GOING INTO ACTION MODE. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. 

CHAPTER 43

I was still seated in my kitchen, still trying to digest everything that was served to me by Ryder along with a plate of hot steaming Chinese. It was a lot to take in even for me and just imagining what he went through when he found out the truth about his father gives me chills. Even my father looks like a fucking angel in front of his. He might be a complete a-hole but at-least he isn't capable of taking lives.

"You need more of this?" He asked holding the bottle up and tilting it slightly towards me. I sighed. Alcohol is never the solution to your miseries but I have done this enough times to know it helps you sleep over them. Without a word, I snatched the bottle from his hand and took a big gulp directly from the mouth of the bottle.

"Yeah. So, I thought." He said.

"So, what was your big plan?" I asked.

"My only objective here was to figure out that your father wasn't still involved with mine. If I would have gone directly to him and my father got the news, both of us could have ended up dead by now." He talked about dying like it was not a big deal and maybe he was used to all these killing talks, it still made me shiver though.

"Your father wouldn't actually kill you right? He still needs his heir."

"I wouldn't rely on that fact anymore." A voice came from the entrance of my kitchen and both of us turned our faces towards the voice in a whiplash.

"Dad?" I asked completely shocked seeing him here inside my house.

"How...how did you get in?" I asked, my mouth a little ajar and my eyes wide, staring at him completely bewildered.

"Oh come on. You think it's that difficult to get inside your house? You have zero security. If I wouldn't have been watching over you, you might have died a couple of times this past month." He said shrugging his shoulders. Is it just me or everyone here is talking about me dying so casually?

"You have been watching me?" I asked still shocked.

"My men." He said taking a few steps closer towards us.

"Dad! You could not do that. What about my privacy?" I shouted.

"Did you miss the part of your dying?" Now he stood right in front of me, frowning at me.

"Someone tried to kill me?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. They did." He put his hands in his pant pockets as he put on his 'I'm damn serious face' on. I knew he wasn't messing with me and I apparently knew who that someone was. I suddenly felt sick. All the food that I had eaten an hour back threatened to come out.

"So you knew all along?" it was Ryder who spoke this time as I have lost my voice, still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I have been almost murdered multiple times in the last one month and my father actually saved me. Both of these were huge shocks.

"I knew everything before you were even borne Ryder." He pulled a chair and sat down with his hands folded on the table in front of him. His head moved towards me and Ryder a couple of times and then he took the bottle out of my hands. How I have not dropped this yet, I have no idea.

"Do you mind?" He asked but took a gulp anyway.

"What did you mean by.....by whatever you said when you entered?" I finally spoke up.