CHAPTER 28

Author's note- hey guys. So here is another chapter and sorry it's unedited. I really want to thank each one of you for your support on this story. Nothing has made me happier than seeing this book crawl up on Wattpad. I love you all. Thank you

Chapter 28

"Katherine wake up." Someone shook me by my shoulders. I blinked a few times and then opened my eyes slowly. Clary was sitting beside me on the bed, completely dressed. I looked at the time on my phone as I sat up.

"Clary, what's wrong?" I asked now taking in her complete demeanor. She was wearing a grey long top and black stockings. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and her eyes looked all red.

"Are you just coming in?" I looked at the time in my phone.

"No. I mean yes but I am also going out."

"Now? Clary it is 4o'clock in the morning."

"Yeah. I have a flight to catch. I got called in for some work. It's kind of an emergency." She said biting her lower lip, a habit she is used to when she is nervous.

"Is everything alright?" I asked now slightly worried.

"Yes, it's just work, don't worry. I have to go now but I will come back soon to see you. Hopefully with a little less drama in your life." She said passing me a small smile.

"Does this soon means after another year?" I asked.

"Definitely not. Now get back to sleep."She said.

"It's fine. I am already up." I said throwing away the blanket.

A few minutes later I was standing by the door hugging Clary, not wanting to let go yet. She was just here and I hardly got any time to spend with her between everything going on. I am all alone now, again!

"I will call when I reach and yeah you still got to tell me all about that date."

"Yeah, I do." I replied, a small blush creeping its way on my cheeks. Clary gasped.

"You are blushing. Oh my God! What did you do naughty girl?"

"Shut up Clary." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh come on."

"Go. You will miss your flight." I said and she pouted like a puppy.

After one final hug I sighed and let her go. I locked the door as she walked out and I felt a tight knot in my stomach. I don't know when I would see her again and it really felt nice to have her here by my side right now. A female figure between all this chaos. But I know I could not be that selfish.

I dragged myself to the kitchen as there is no point in getting back to bed now. Sleep is hard to come these days. Most of the nights, I just lay there staring at the ceiling and re-living the past, thinking the unfortunate and hoping for things to be better. Last night was not one of those though.

For once I had a peaceful mind and a light heart as I sneaked under the duvet and fell asleep with a smile. It was past midnight when Josh decided to leave. None of us realized how time passed so quickly but he had morning classes so he had to get going.

I made a cup of coffee and situated myself in the kitchen. I hardly had four hours of sleep and I just had a feeling that I have a long day coming my way. Something tells me Clary's sudden departure has more to do with the uncanny feeling in my stomach than any official call. I sighed. There is literally no point in sitting here and thinking what is going to happen. So, I decided to finish my coffee and take a nice shower and get some work done. I have quite a few meetings to attend today.