CHAPTER 24

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HEY GUYS. I AM REALLY SORRY FOR JUST VANISHING LIKE THAT BUT I WAS SUPER BUSY AND GOING THROUGH A MAJOR WRITER'S BLOCK. BUT HERE IS THE NEXT CHAPTER. HOPE YOU LIKE IT. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

CHAPTER 24

Ryder walked out of the drawing and walked straight towards the kitchen, I assume. Everyone is still quiet. Joffery has not said a word since Ryder has arrived. Maybe he is still in shock at Clary's outburst or maybe he is just afraid to catch Ryder's attention because he kind of looked pale. Ryder came back with another bottle of wine and a glass. He sat on the couch, one facing towards Alysha but he still has not said anything to her. He poured himself a drink, loosened his tie. He took a slow slip and I stared at his mouth as he gulped. Clearly, this is not the perfect moment to remember the kiss we shared, but my mind could not help but wonder how his lips would feel against mine at this particular moment.

"Yeah, feel at home." Alysha said, sarcasm dripping from her words. Ryder turned his head towards her so fast I thought for a second that he broke his neck.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ryder asked in complete shock.

"I needed to talk to Katherine. What are you doing here?" She asked back like she was not affected by the anger reflecting in Ryder's eyes.

"You need to talk to her? I am the business partner here; I should be the one doing the talking." Ryder glared at her.

"I am not here to discuss business Ryder, not your business."

"Then what are you here for? Alysha what the hell did you tell her?" Ryder raised his voice more. His face turned red with anger and he looked like he is ready to burst.

"That's what I was asking her." Joffery chimed in.

Okay seriously, what is going on here that these two men don't want me to find out?

"Alysha, tell us what did you say to Katherine?" Ryder got up from the couch and walked towards her in a threatening way. She stayed seated and might I say that was quite courageous because even I would have pissed my pants if I saw him this mad at me.

"I have not said anything to her Ryder, not yet." Alysha grabbed her purse and stood up. She eyed him as if daring him to stop her, like she had something on him.

She then turned towards me.

"This is clearly not the right time Katherine. I will take your leave." She said and left and I stood there saying nothing, trying to figure out what just happened. What could she possibly has to say to me or more importantly what does she has on Ryder.

"What was that about?" I asked Ryder.

"What do you mean?" He responded.

"There is clearly something that you two don't want me to find out." I said eyeing him and Joffery.

Ryder shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know what you are talking about but what I would really like to know is what business discussion my best friend had to do with you without me." Ryder turned towards Joffery.

"Care to explain your visit so late Joffery?"

"It's nothing like that Ryder. I just needed someone to talk to." Joffery said.

"And you didn't think of me." Ryder retorted.

"I just needed to get away from all of this Ryder." Joffery rubbed his temple.