CHAPTER 52

Author's note- Hey guys. I hope all of you are in good health and staying in your houses. Here is another update. It is kind of short but I tried my best in these circumstances. The next update would be soon. In the meantime go check out my new book 'Scarlett Johnson is a Witch?' and tell me what do you think about it in the comment section. And yeah don't hate me for this chapter. Happy reading.

CHAPTER 52

This wasn't the right time to make jokes or be sarcastic, I am aware but I felt like I was in a fucking rom-com's climax scene where the villain wants to kill everyone but gets interrupted every time he raises his gun.

"That's enough of all your bullshit I have taken in one day. If you cannot decide who is going to die today, how about I kill all of you?" Richard Black was really pissed off now.

"You wouldn't dare Richard." My father spoke. He took a few steps, getting closer to his ex-best friend. Even though Richard was the boss in this room, everyone still knew my father held some authority the way he was standing against him. Both the men were almost equally built and both were standing neck to neck, challenging each other's authorities.

"And why would that be Smoothie?" Richard tilted his head to the side, pouting and batting his eyelashes.

My stupid ex-husband snickered at the nickname his father had given to mine. Dad glared at Ryder which shut him up immediately.

"Like father like son." Dad muttered.

Really? Right now? Even when he was standing at his side, ready to die for his daughter, my father found a moment to criticize Ryder?

"I wish I could agree to that Smoothie but my son is nothing like me. He has a heart and that's all your daughter's fault."

"Even you had a heart Richard. What happened to you? You were capable of love. There is still time. You can still change. You can stop all this lunacy and let go of the hatred, at least for Lily." My father tried to break in through the shell and for a moment, I actually saw a pinch of emotion flicker through Richard's eyes at the mention of my dead mother's name. But it was gone as soon as it came.

"Lily is gone and she is the reason for that." He pointed at me. "Your daughter is the reason for everything that I have lost."

"You are so wrong Richard. You are the reason for everything that you lost. You never wanted anything just for love, you wanted to own them, possess them and Lily saw all through it."

Everything is fine. It's just two long lost best friends chit chatting, one giving life lessons to the other and all but I would really appreciate if my father would stop mentioning my dead mom in every sentence and trigger Richard more.

"If I were you, I would shut up now." Richard almost growled.

"Or what? You would shoot me too? Go ahead." dad provoked him more.

"You are really pushing my buttons now..."

"Oh I have just started Richard." Dad took another step closer. Richard was about to blast like a ticking time bomb now. We all could see it except my father because he was smirking like a maniac.

"What are you smirking at?" Richard growled.

"Did you forget, I was always one step ahead of you?" It was dad's turn to mock Richard now.

"What do you mean?" Richard asked irritated.

Dad just smiled like an innocent baby. Oh... Okay.. So he actually had a plan instead of just poking the man with gun. Guess I can let out the breath I was holding in.