CHAPTER 29

AUTHOR'S NOTE- HELLO PEOPLE, HOW IS EVERYONE DOING? FIRST OF ALL I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU EACH ONE OF FOR SHOWING SUCH A SUPPORT TO THIS BOOK AND FOR ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS. I LOVE GOING THROUGH EACH ONE OF THEM. AND THANK YOU FOR JUST EVEN GIVING IT A TRY. SO HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND IF YOU DO, HIT THE LITTLE STAR. HAPPY READING 

 Chapter 29

The ticking of my shoes against the cold tiles echoed, cutting through the silence of the room. I know I need to sit down and breathe. But I could just not. I could not wrap my head around the idea that my father, my own father, was maintaining some kind of corrupted file on me and people around me.

"Could you stop pacing and sit down for a second? My fingers are itching to touch these." Ryder commented sitting at my chair and giving me an evil, notorious smirk.

While I was hyperventilating, Ryder acted smart and made copies of all the five files and placed the original ones back at their place. So, currently we were in my cabin where I was trying to calm down my nerves but nothing was helping.

"You find this amusing?" I came to a halt and glared at him.

"Yes, I do." He said as if it was nothing. Ryder sighed as I continued passing him death glares.

"Did you expect anything better Katherine? Come on it's the 'he devil' we are talking about. If there is anyone I have ever met in my life who is as conspiring as my own father, it's yours." He said.

And he was right. This should not come as such a shock to me. I have known that man all my life. He could go to any extent for his benefit. He would do anything. Letting out another deep, shaky breath, I walked towards the center table. I ran my fingers delicately over the first folder.

"You ready?" Ryder asked.

"No but what the hell." I replied as I opened my folder.

I find this senseless. There was nothing in here. Well nothing except the facts that my father already knew about me and by the looks of it, my father started maintaining these after he found about my marriage with Ryder.

"So what eh? I get married and keep it a secret for a couple of years and my father unleashes a detective on my ass?" I said in frustration.

"Well if you put it that way it would be a pretty good reason." Ryder said still sitting on my chair.

I gave him a look. Wait. Does this mean....

"Does all of this mean we are still being watched?" I blurted.

"I would say yes to that."

"That is how he knows about Josh. I never mentioned him."

"That or may be your father could have been the one to plant him in your life." Ryder said now getting up from his seat and circling around me. I gasped. No way. That could not be it. Josh would... he would never do that to me. I knew he would not.

I felt a hand on my right shoulder as Ryder stood behind me. The touch of his fingers made my exposed skin warm and tingly. He squeezed my shoulder now standing closer.

I was very well aware how close he was standing to me. The way his breathing was prickling down my neck, there were only a few inches between us.

"Tell me what you know of him?" He whispered in my ears. It almost felt as if he was nibbling on my earlobes as he said those words.