CHAPTER 7

AUTHOR'S NOTE: IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I UPDATED AND HERE I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A WEEK. WELL I WAS DOWN WITH FEVER WHILE WRITING THIS SO SERIOUSLY SORRY IF IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE TO YOU BUT IT DID WHEN I WAS WRITING IT..  ;P

                                                                                    Chapter 7

The room fell completely silent. The only sound that surrounded us was the heavy breathing of my ex husband who by the looks appear to be trying really hard not to jump on his opponent. But Josh here is no opponent. He is no threat. He is just my friend, my only friend on whom I can rely upon in this city.

Ryder's piercing gaze shifted to me demanding an explanation as his fierce grey eyes borne into my shaky green ones. My old self would have melted under his anger and stepped closer to wrap my arms around his back and whisper calming words in his ears that always worked. But not anymore. I stood firmly replicating his actions and challenging him to take another step.

"Katherine." The way my name rolls out from his tongue every time does wonders to me and my hands itched to wrap themselves around his firm torso but I kept them intact at their place. For a while I forgot what he was asking me at the first place.

"What do you want Ryder?" I asked once again ignoring his question.

"Are you dating him? Is he your boyfriend now?" I didn't miss the jealousy dripping down his words as he spat them at me.

"That is none of your business." I hissed at him.

"Do you want me to deal with him Kat?" Josh spoke from his spot looking straight into Ryder's eyes.

Ryder chuckled, his low velvety chuckle that made the hairs at the back of my neck stand up. Josh stood his ground challenging Ryder to take another step closer and so he did.

"Okay enough." I stepped in between the two testosterone releasing men. Ryder's breathing was harsh and I could hear his heart thudding. I didn't realize when or how fast Josh moved but in an instant he was standing right behind me. I could feel his heavy breathing down my neck. That was enough to trigger Ryder.

"GET AWAY FROM MY GIRL." He barked at Josh who to my horror laughed out in response.

"Your girl?" we both uttered at the same time. Josh with amusement and me with shock. Ryder's eyes flickered over me for a second and I saw something flash in them that I could not quite figure out then landed back on Josh.

"She is not yours anymore. You lost her long back." Josh said to Ryder and then everything happened so fast I could not understand. Within seconds Ryder crossed the inches between him and Josh and punched him on the face. Josh stumbled a few steps, his eyes wide and hand on his jaw before he fired up and landed a punch on Ryder's nose and that is how my hallway became a wrestling zone. Ryder staggered and crashed with my favorite vase and that was it. I lost it.

"Stop it." I screamed at the top of my lungs and both of them froze on their spots with their hands formed into fists in mid air directed towards the other.

"Enough both of you. Get out of my house." They stared at me with wide eyes. Josh was the first one to drop his hands and step back. He straightened his shirt and rubbed his thumb over the side of his lips that ripped open.

I heaved a desperate sigh as I stepped up to him and touched his freshly bruised face.

"I will call you tomorrow Josh. Go home. I am sorry for everything." I said. I know it was cruel. I should have asked him to go upstairs and wait for me. I should have fixed his bleeding lips but it was too painful to look at him right now. He shook his head in dismay.