CHAPTER 12

SO APPERANTLY RYDER'S GETTING A LOT OF HATRED.. ISN'T IT TOO SOON FOR THAT? ANYWAYS WHAT TEAM ARE YOU? TEAM RYDER, TEAM JOSH OR TEAM JOFFERY? TELL ME IN THE COMMENT SECTION. I AM TEAM JOSH. YES, I CAN CHOOSE. AND I KNOW THIS IS VERY SHORT BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WOULD BE UP MY MONDAY AND THIS IS JUST LIKE FOR SETTING UP THE BACKGROUND.IN THE MEAN TIME GO CHECK MY OTHER STORY "MR. TEACHER AND I." HAPPY READING GUYS. HIT THAT LITTLE STAR BUTTON BELOW.

CHAPTER 12

"So, it's a deal?" Joffery asked me, a teasing smirk resting on his lips.

"It's a deal." I replied smiling at him. We were currently sitting in my office and by 'we' I mean Joffery, me and a sulking Ryder who was glaring at me and groaning every now then even if Joffery so much as smiled at me. We just finalized our merger project. I signed the papers and everything is just ready to go.

Ryder cleared his throat from beside Joffery.

"This calls for a celebration." He said.

"It sure does. We should throw a party that way we could release the news in the press. What do you think Katherine?" Joffery asked me.

I opened my mouth to speak up but Ryder cut me off.

"I think that would be great. How about a masquerade?"

"That's amazing." The two men started gushing like high school teenage girls and I was sitting there dumbfounded.

"Gentlemen, I am happy to see you this excited about a dance but should we not lose focus here?" I interrupted their gushing. Joffery's face was dusted into pink and I wanted to laugh at him but decided not to make this more uncomfortable for him.

"So Friday is fine?" Ryder asked once again.

"But it's already Tuesday. We cannot possibly arrange a ball in three days."

"Of-course we can Katherine. Don't worry about the ball, Ryder and I will take care of it." Joffery said. Well if you want to do all the work who am I to complain?

"Friday it is then." I said.

"I will take your leave now." Joffery stood up and I followed suit. I extended my hand for him to shake and as usual he placed a small kiss on the back of my hand. I should be getting used to this but every time he does that my heart does a back flip and I am redder than an apple.

"Ryder?" He turned his head towards Ryder.

"You go ahead. I will join you in a minute." Ryder said without even looking at Joffery, his eyes fixated on me. Joffery frowned but let it go and after giving me one final node he left my office.

"What do you want now Ryder?" I sighed.

"I think I am pretty clear by now about what I want Katherine." He replied smirking his cocky arrogant smirk.

"Actually you are not." I replied rolling my eyes at him.

"Seriously what do you want?" I asked again.

"So we are business partners now. Should we kiss to seal the deal?" He dodged my question, still flashing his evil half smile. My heart accelerated at the thought of his lips on mine and I remembered how they felt against me. I still remember how every time my heart would thud against my ribcage when Ryder would kiss me or my body would get heated up by his mere touch.

"N...no." I stuttered. Yeah Katherine, good way to show your confidence.

"Are you sure? You did not mind Joffery kissing you?"

"Seriously, this is what all this is about? You freaking getting jealous of Joffery?" I raised my voice. This man makes me so mad it's literally impossible. How dare he say that when he is the one getting married to a freaking pink panther!

"I am not jealous of him." He said frowning, clearly getting upset.

"Oh yes, you are Ryder and let me tell you once again what I said the other day. You have no right to get jealous over who or who I am not with because last time I checked you are the one with a pink freak attached to you. So go home and focus on your wife." I spat the word wife. It tastes so bitter on my lips. Oh hell I hate that woman even if I don't know a single thing about her but would you blame me? What if she would have married your husband?

"Did you just call my wife a pink freak?" he asked but he was not mad at all. He was amused.

"Hell yeah I did and I also called you a jealous ass. Now get out of my office." I shouted at him.

Ryder chuckled. I don't know what was so amusing to him about my outburst but he chuckled and left my office without saying another word.

I finally heaved a sigh of relief and sat down and drank some water. I need to go see my doctor and get my blood pressure checked. I am always either screaming at Ryder these days or my heart is ready to burst out of my chest every time I am around him.

I closed my eyes and called Ryder names in three different languages before I calmed down and let out a long breath. I checked the time, it was already past six so I decided to call it a day and go meet up Josh at the club.

John drove me there and parked outside the club.

"Thanks John. You don't tell on me to my dad, do you?" I asked jokingly.

"He doesn't pay me enough to for even one job Miss Smith." He chuckled and I laughed with him. After hopping out of the car, I went straight inside. The bar was not that crowded seeing it was a weekday, except for a few men looking out for some hookup.

I sat on one of the tools by the counter which was a difficult to hop onto seeing I am still in my uncomfortable work clothes. I looked around for Josh and my lips turned upside down into a frown when I could not spot him. I ordered a glass of wine and sipped on it. I should have called him before showing up. I decided to finish the drink and leave when someone's breathing fanned the side of my neck.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered in my ears and the hair at the back of my neck stood up with this much proximity. I turned my head and came face to face with Josh. He was smiling at me, his blue eyes beaming with excitement.

"I...I just came to check on you." I cleared my throat and replied.

"Yeah?" He tilted his head to the side.

I nodded my head thinking my voice would come out squeaky if I tried to speak.

"So what are your plans tonight?" he asked taking a step aside and leaning on the counter. I let out a breath.

"Nothing much. I was just happy today so I thought I would hang up with you." I replied.

"What are you so excited about?"

"Well I just signed the deal with the Parkers."

"Finally. So now that you are done with it, everything's over?" He asked and I saw a little something flash in his eyes for a moment but i shook it away. the wine must be getting on me.  

"Over? It's just getting started." I said and took a huge gulp. 

And yes it was the beginning to another ending.