CHAPTER 9

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I FINALLY UPDATED. I AM SORRY FOR THE DELAY BUT I HAVE EXAMS COMING UP SO THE NEXT UPDATE MIGHT BE A LATE SO BEAR WITH ME. AND OFCOURSE THIS IS UNEDITED SO FEEL FREE TO POINT OUT THE MISTAKES. HAPPY READING.

                                                                  CHAPTER 9

The loud buzzing was going on around me but all I could focus on was Ryder's lips moving in sync.

"Kat...Katherine. Are you listening to me?" He shook my arms.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed at him once I came back to my senses.

"Having dinner with you and Joffery and right now sipping on this expensive wine that he is paying for." He took a sip and smirked at me.

"You..." I raised my voice slightly.

"Is there a problem Katherine?" Joffery asked from the other side of the table. He put the menu down, folded his hands on the table and looked straight at me with an eyebrow raised. The gesture alone made him look unbearingly sexy but if I say my name coming out of his mouth made no effect on me? I would be lying.

"No. Of-course not. I was just asking Ryder what he will have. So, Ryder have you decided yet?" I turned my head towards Ryder who ofcourse had that smug look on his face.

"You should try the steak." Joffery said smiling down at me.

"Steak it is then." I said picking up my own glass of wine and taking a big gulp. If I want to survive this night, I need to get drunk... or I could make Ryder leave before Dad arrives. I put the glass down and grabbed my purse.

"Excuse me gentlemen, I will be right back." I said and got up.

"Where are you going?" Ryder questioned.

"I need to pee." I spat at him which made him laugh. Ignoring him, I passed a smile at Joffery who himself was trying not to burst out laughing. I walked away from the table and hid behind the vase on the other side of the room where the bathroom was located. I hissed at a waiter passing by with a tray of drinks in his hand. He looked around confused and finally spotted me. I cornered him and he looked at me like I was some crazy woman.

"Oh stop looking at me like that. I am sure you find plenty of women hidden beside this vase."

He simply shrugged his shoulder. I took out a twenty dollar note and handed it to him.

"Now listen to me. Go to that table at the end of room. Can you see that man?" I asked pointing towards Ryder. He nodded his head.

"Spill that drink over him."

"Are you trying to get me fired?" He asked. I sighed and took out a hundred and handed it to me.

"Now Samuel." I looked at his batch and said. "If you don't do what I am asking, you sure as hell will be fired." I whispered in his ears. He looked at me with wide eyes, nodded his head in agreement and walked towards our table. He walked swiftly by Joffery and when he reached Ryder's side he 'accidently' tripped and crashed on to Ryder. Ryder at once jumped on his feet and started swatting away his pants and court. The scene made me double over laughter but I controlled myself.

"What the hell!" Ryder shouted and let me tell you angry Ryder is not a pretty face.

"I am sorry sir." Samuel looked like he was going to pee his pants. Ryder sighed and without another word left the table and made his way towards the washroom.

I got out of my hiding spot once he approached me and pulled him away, out of Joffery's sight, by his arms.

"Katherine, what are you doing?" he shouted.