CHAPTER 51

Author's note- hey guys? How is everyone doing? I hope you all are safe. Please try to stay inside your homes and avoid socializing. I know this update is late but I have been going through things and I didn't want it to reflect on my writing. Hopefully I was able to do that. So enjoy. Don't forget to vote, comment and wash your hands. Stay safe.

CHAPTER 51

I was staring at the gun, hardly a feet away from me, that was ready to pierce through my skull and tear me apart. I was about die in the room full of people I loved. I felt cold. I felt death.

"Wait." Someone said. I don't really know who it was. I couldn't recognize my own voice right now.

"What now." Richard turned away irritated.

"I will come with you." It was Josh. He stepped away from his mother and looked into my eyes. I could see through the pain he was going through but midst all that I saw love, love for me. He was ready to give up his freedom, his life, all for me. All because he loved me.

I know the situation I was standing in, but looking at him right now and feeling what he was; still gave me goose bumps.

"Josh, you don't know what you are saying. You don't understand what you are agreeing to get into." Joffery spoke for the first time. He took small steps towards Josh and stood in front of him.

"Yes, I do. I might not know this underworld but I know it is worth to give up everything for the person you love, even your own life."

Well, that shook me more.

There were three men standing in this room side by side, my ex slash current husband, his best friend and his half -brother, all with their lives in their hands just for my sake because they all felt something for me and here I was standing as the reason for all their pain and sufferings.

"Josh, it is really not the time to get sentimental. We are not here to offer you as bait."

"Joffery is right Josh. You cannot go with this man. He is a monster." It was my turn to speak up.

"I know he is but I am not letting him hurt you. If he wants me, he can have me but if I don't stop him right now knowing that I could, I would regret it every second of my life."

"This is not right." I whispered.

"If it is going to stop causing all the pain you are in, it's all worth it."

"No. No No No. You don't get it. He is a monster. He is not going to stop. He will make you do horrible things. He won't stop here."

"Katherine. You need to get out of here."

"Not without you." I said. I don't know why but at that moment I felt like I cannot just move on with my life. I cannot just pretend that he never existed. I cannot just lose Josh.

JOSH' POV

I couldn't watch it, seeing that gun pointed towards her and Richard's fingers ready to pull the trigger. I could not just watch it. Nothing mattered at that moment. Not my freedom. Not my own life. Nothing at all. All that mattered was Katherine. I couldn't lose her. Not like this. So I did what I thought was the best at that moment. I gave in to my father. I slowly walked towards him making sure I don't trigger any reactions. I stood in front of him, the gun now facing me instead of Katherine as I stood in front of her.

Richard lowered his gun. He smirked. That one smirk was so sickening, I had to control every fiber in my body not to punch it off his face.

"Now at least one of you has my genes." He smiled at Ryder. I felt so disgusted at myself right now that even murdering him would feel like a pious thing to do.