CHAPTER 18

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- SURPRISE! ANOTHER UPDATE. HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT. VOTE AND COMMENT

CHAPTER 18

I twisted and turned in the bed the whole night, trying to find one comfortable position but sleep didn't come. I turned to my right, picked up my i-phone and looked at the time for the thousandth time in the entire night. My phone screen flashed the timing 3O'clock. I stared at the plain wallpaper which was once set to one of Ryder's, making funny faces to the camera. I had finally changed it after a year of struggle and sleepless nights staring at it. It was the first step I took towards moving on, next was taking off my ring. Clearly, that never happened. And it seems everything that is happening right now in my life is pulling me deeper and deeper into my past.

I was trying really hard not thinking about the kiss that happened today but my mind is clearly fucked up and refuses to take any orders from my heart.

After the scene that played in the kitchen of my house, Ryder had left with a satisfied expression and devoid of any intentions of murdering poor Josh. Nothing was said, we just stared at each other, he victoriously and I stunned, Ryder Black left with an evil smirk plastered on his face. Ryder always had anger issues and he always took it out on the wrong people. I have been the victim of his unpleasant moods one too many times. Of-course he had never hurt me physically but that does not mean he has not broken my favorite vases. But that was all when we first started dating. Eventually he changed, for good. What scares me, he is turning back to his bad days. He snaps like a thin stick does when you step on it and as much as I know him, he is not letting the whole Josh thing go as easily as he walked out of my door today.

Another sigh escaped my lips. I put the phone back to its place, turned to the opposite side and closed my eyes.

I woke up to the noise of what I could comprehend in my sleep as my door bell repeatedly going off. I groaned and covered my head with the pillow hoping whoever was on the other side would just give up and leave.

That did not happen, and the bell rang once again. I finally got out of the bed and padded through the cold tiles downwards. I yawned and pulled the door open. Josh stood in front of me in a pair of faded blue denim and a white t-shirt. His face looked freshly shaven. He gave me a closed mouth smile but his eyes scanned me from head to toe. I looked at myself and I realized I was just in my pair of short shorts and a tan top. I groaned internally.

"Hey." He said, taking his eyes off of me and rubbing his hand over the back of his neck.

"Hey. Come in." I stepped aside and let him in. I closed the door and turned to face him, folding both my hands in the front.

"What are you doing here so early? What time is it even?" I asked rubbing my hands up and down my arms.

"Well, you didn't call me back last night. I was worried and it's seven." He said. I just nodded my head. No wonder I feel exhausted.

"You look shit exhausted." He said voicing out my thoughts.

"Thank you, Josh. Way to make a woman feel pretty in the morning." I said rolling my eyes at him. Josh passed me a goofy smile and scratched the back of his head.

"I will go take a quick shower. Wait here." I said.

"Okay." His reply came but I had already made my way towards my washroom.

I took a quick shower and washed my hair and got dressed into a pair of high waist jeggings and a crop top. Though, the cold water got me a little awake, I still felt exhausted.

Can I have one day for myself? Just me. No men. Is it too much to ask? I walked downstairs. The smell of eggs hit my nostrils and dragged me towards the kitchen. I found Josh standing behind the counter and making some egg. A small smile made its way on my lips as I walked closer to him.