CHAPTER 53

AUTHOR'S NOTE- BEFORE ATTACKING ME OR TRYING TO MURDER ME, PLEASE READ TILL THE END. Thank you. Happy reading.

CHAPTER 53

I tried to open my eyes. It took a lot of energy and effort but my eyelids fluttered open for a second. Everything around me was so blurry and there was so much commotion going on. I didn't even know where I was. I could hear someone's voice calling my name but I could not recognize the source of the voice. All I could understand was that my body was giving up. I was losing control. I was falling into oblivion.

I felt heavy. Every muscle in my body was in pain. I couldn't move or even breathe. My head was so heavy, I didn't even have the energy to open my eyes. But I knew I had to. I blinked a couple of times before my eyes finally opened. And all I could stare at was white ceiling. I couldn't really move my head, I felt dizzy but I tried looking around and still all I could see was white.

I didn't know where I was. I didn't remember how I ended up here or what had happened. I wanted to call for someone but my throat was so dry, it was almost burning. One thing I was sure of was that whatever had happened, I wasn't dead because no way I was going to go to heaven and this place looked like no hell.

I then realized I was breathing through a support system and there was an oxygen mask on my mouth. An IV was attached to my finger and my brain finally registered the annoying beeping sound that came through the machine beside the bed I was laying on.

"You woke up." A voice came from my right. I turned my head and saw Clary sitting on a couch. She stayed at her place. There were bags under her eyes as if she hadn't gotten any sleep in like last two – three days. She looked at me longingly but didn't move as if she was afraid of hurting me.

I took off the oxygen mask.

"What happened?" My voice finally came out and I asked after a couple of attempts.

"You do not remember anything?" She asked tilting her head to the side.

"No. I don't. Everything is so blurry and my body hurts like shit." I replied.

"You don't remember being shot by Richard? You have been out for two days." she said.

It all started coming back. How Richard Black John and then lured me and how everyone else ended up in that room and then to fast forward. Ryder was shot. Ryder. Oh my god.

"Where is Ryder? Is okay? Take me to him." I started panic shouting. My head was hurting like hell but it didn't matter. I needed to see him. I needed to make sure he was okay.

"Calm down. You cannot get out of bed. Do you want to die?" She hissed.

"I do not care. He was shot protecting me. Tell me where is he Clary." I demanded. My voice was at the top of its peak now. She sighed.

"I....I am sorry. We lost him." she uttered looking away.

The words that just came out of her mouth didn't register to my brain. It was as if she was speaking a foreign language. I looked at her as if she has hurt her brain or something.

"What...what do you mean we lost him?" I asked not really understanding where she as going with all this.

"The doctors couldn't save him Katherine.. He had lost a lot of blood. Ryder is gone. I am sorry."

Her each word slapped me like a brick on my face. I didn't speak. I couldn't. I just kept staring at her and I think my just stopped beating for a moment. I couldn't breathe. I gasped for air and my lungs felt like they were on fire. Everything around me was shutting down once more I heard the machine beeping getting louder indicating my heart beat was falling. I saw Clary rushing towards me.