Chapter 8

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. THIS IS AGAIN UNEDITED SO SORRY FOR THAT AND FEEL FREE TO POINT OUT THE MISTAKES. THIS CHAPTER MIGHT COME OUT A LITTLE BORING BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE. HAPPY READING. :)

                                  Chapter 8

I rotated the chair as I sat alone in my cabin, staring at nothing in particular. The only noise that surrounded me was the clasp of the lid of the blue velvet box as I played with it, opening its lid and then closing it back again. There was a pile of files on the table that needed my attention but my mind was too dysfunctional at the moment.

There was a knock on the door which made me put the box away in the drawer.

"Come in." My throat was still a bit raspy but the body temperature is back to normal now. I really needed the rest.

The door opened and a blonde girl in the tightest blouse and the shortest skirt I have ever seen entered the room. How is she even breathing in that thing? And when did I hire her?

"Miss Smith, good morning. I need your signature in some papers." The blonde said smiling politely at me. I nodded my head as she walked to me and placed the papers in front of me. I read the papers and put my signature on them while she stood beside me. Once I was done I looked up at her.

"Hannah, right?" I asked titling my head slightly to the right.

"Yes m'am." She replied, the smile still radiant.

I was ready to leash my bitch on her. The words rolled over my tongue that would surely make her cry and never return to this office. But I did not. Instead I sighed and smiled back.

"Nice outfit." I muttered and her smile became more radiant. A dust of pink covered her cheeks as she uttered a series of thank you's and left. I am sure getting a compliment from the queen bitch was a big deal for her and this would be the gossip of the day during the lunch. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I sighed as she closed the door after her. My fingers itched to get hold of that box again, to trace the curves of the beautiful pendant. I opened the drawer, stared at it for a while and after sighing for like the hundredth time since morning, shut it again.

It is Wednesday today, two days since Ryder barged into my house. Thinking of the night, I remembered I have yet to give Josh a call.

I know that was a bitch move, calling him over and then kicking him out and for whom? Ryder fucking Black. Why did I have to act so irrationally? Why am I losing my mind over him? Why is he back in my life and why the hell am I even thinking about him?

I was busy calling him names in the back of my mind when my phone went off. I looked at the caller id and of-course it had to be my father.

Actually I am quite surprised he did not call me immediately after the meeting with Joffery Parker got cancelled last time. At-least he would have called screaming nuisance about Ryder which he did not. So, my father is not aware of my ex-husband's alignment with the man he wants to marry me to. One thing I would always like about Ryder, he never fails to irritate the crap of my father.

"Katherine, where the hell are you?" My father barked as soon as I picked up the call.

"Office dad." I said rolling my eyes very well aware that he could not see me over the phone.

"What are you still doing there?"

"Working?"

"Go home."

"What?" I asked now completely shocked. He is asking me cut work and go home.

"I said go home." He repeated like he was talking to a retarded person.