CHAPTER 34

AUTHOR'S NOTE- HEY GUYS. HERE IS ANOTHER UPDATE. THIS IS SO UNLIKE ME. I THINK SOME OF YOU WOULD REALLY ENJOY THIS ONE. SO YEAH, ENJOY. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER AND THANK YOU TO EACH ONE OF FOR READING THIS. I LOVE YOU ALL. HAPPY READING. :)

CHAPTER 34

Around fifteen minutes must have passed since Ryder stormed out of here. And I am going to admit that even after knowing him all my life, I did not predict that reaction. I expected him to shout, to make a fuss, to show his anger because Ryder always lets his presence and his wants known.

So, the idea of him walking away without a word was quite unsettling for my stomach and my appetite, so I sat there with my plate of pancakes in front of me and a cup of coffee that has now turned cold and I really did not have the energy of pouring myself another one. It is around nine in the morning and I already feel so drowned off energy as if I had just fought a storm. Well, it is never less than a storm every time Ryder Black walks in here and whips away everything I am rooting for but this time it has been the other way round. A splash of wave has wiped out his life.

In front of me was sitting the very exact reason of why my ex- husband's life was upside down right now. And though, he was a damn appealing to the eyes reason, it was not really working for me right now.

Josh has not said a word since Ryder walked out of here and neither have I. I did not even know what to say. Whose side am I on? Am I even supposed to take sides? And why do I have to be caught up in every damn awkward situation. Out of all of the thousand bars in New York City, I had to be drawn to one where Josh worked and out of the twelve staffs working there, I had had to choose him to pour my heart out to. At this particular moment, even Cindy with her short red skirt that revealed her butt line and her dark makeup was looking more appealing than my situation. Not cool, eh?

As another sigh left his mouth, I diverted my attention away from my untouched plate towards him and I opened my mouth to tell him that things would be fine, to give Ryder some time and he would come around.

But I was cut off when another figured stormed into my kitchen. The wooden door opened and closed with a thud as he stood in front of it. He glared down at me and then at Josh, then relief flooded his eyes as he realized that we were seated at a safe distance. What is his exact problem in the first place?

Seems my 'come around' therapy was cut short as Ryder stood there in all his glory. Yeah you are right, I would not define this as one his glorious moments as Ryder looked completely out of breathe. I stood, afraid that another fight might break out, I walked towards Ryder. I looked into his eyes as I stood in front of him and I could see a debate going on in his mind. He was struggling hard to keep his calm.

My fingers ached to touch his face, to hold him around my arms and make him feel better. But I am not going to lie here and tell you that I was scared shitless as the way his breathing was ragged and his nostrils flared.

"Were you sitting in your car all this while?" I finally asked. Ryder blinked and I saw his lips part as if to ask me why would I ask such a question at this particular moment but then he closed his mouth and diverted his attention towards Josh who was still sitting in the exact position, maybe a little paralyzed.

And then his attention was back to me. All of a sudden, his firm fingers wrapped around my left arm and even though Ryder's grip was tight and demanding, it did not fail to spark that energy inside of me that each of his touches do.

My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to speak, to ask him what is he doing and tell him to let me go, but before I could actually form any of those thoughts into words, Ryder turned around and pushed opened the door. He walked out of the kitchen and headed towards my bedroom upstairs, all the while his grip still on my arms and dragging me along with him. And I followed him without a word. Normally I would pull away from his grasp. I would deny that any of those touches have any kind of effect on me but right now I was too startled to react. So, I got dragged into my bedroom. Ryder first pushed me in and then stepped inside. He locked the door. His wrist lingered on the door knob for an extra couple of seconds and I stared at his stiffened back, completely lost.

He then slowly turned around and a gasp left my mouth as I stared at those dark grey eyes. There appear to be a thunder storm building inside as he stared down at me. He was furious. His patience has broken down and his anger was ready to pour down like a heavy rain.

I was too scared to move right now and I had no place to go because I was locked in my own room and Ryder stood just in front of the door. I commanded my legs to not move because I did not know what he would do if I tried getting away but as if they ever listen to me, they took a step away as Ryder took one closer to me.

"W...what are you doing?" I finally gathered enough courage to speak but my voice broke. Ryder did not say a word. All I got in return was his uneven breathing cutting through the silence and his chilling stare that is putting me on the verge of pissing my pants.

"Do you know the things you do to me Katherine?" His voice came as a chilling whisper. He looked at me expectantly. Am I supposed to answer that? Unsure of my response, I shook my head in denial. Now I was rooted at my place as Ryder took one more step towards me.

"Why was he here last night?" His words were dripping with anger.

"W...What?" I stammered.

"Why was he still here after you found out the truth?" The tone of his voice made me flinch. I tried but I could not bring myself to speak.

"Did he touch you?" Ryder was scaring-ly close to me right now and I was paralyzed at my spot. Since when did this whole situation turn onto me instead of Josh. should he not be the one caught up in this with his psychotic half- brother asking questions that's making me feel that I am trapped in the northern sphere?

Ryder got hold me suddenly and turned me around. I was now pressed against the wooden surface of my bedroom door with him pressed so close to me that I could feel his warm breaths over my face. His cologne was making me nauseous and I gasped at the sudden proximity.

I tried pushing Ryder away but he caught hold of both my hands and placed them by the side of my head with his hands pinning me to the door and holding me captive there.

"Ryder, let go of me." I struggled to get out but his hold was tight.

"Answer me Katherine. Did he touch you last night?" His voice was raspy and dangerously low. The authority in his voice sent a chill down my spine and did a lot more to the other parts of my body but I am not going to discuss that right now.

Not trusting my voice, I disapproved his questions with a shook of my head. Ryder seemed to calm down a little. Just a little.

"Do you have feelings for him?" His voice was more demanding now. He grew impatient when I did not respond.

"Tell me the truth Katherine. Do you have feelings for him? Even now?" The slight addition indicated that he knew I had a soft corner for Josh. I would not dare call it my undying feelings for him or anything close to love. But I could see a budding romance. And right now Ryder was stumping on that bud.

And I could not truly answer to him because I don't know where Josh and I stood after last night. It was a different story when I was not aware of this prospect of his life but now that I know that he was my brother in a law for a brief period of my life, things are quite complicated. So, I looked into his eyes and gathered up all the courage I could and told him that I did not know.

Ryder wanted a denial. He wanted to be sure that there is nothing going between me and Josh what so ever but I could not give him that. I still expected him to calm down now, take a deep breath and maybe a step back because the way his abdomen was sticking to my belly, it was hard to hold on to a moan. And now that my attention was drawn towards it, it was getting harder.

Seems like he did not take my answer very well as a frustrating growl left his mouth. His grip on my wrists tightened and I hissed in pain.

"Ryder, let me go." I demanded. He did not entirely let me go but he loosened his grip sensing my pain. I was gathering up enough strength to push him away but what hit me next was completely unexpected.

"You are mine Katherine." He was so close that his lips nibbled on my collar bone as he said those words. I intake a sharp breathe as a warm sensation ran throughout my body. He did not stop there. His lips found their way up as they trailed up my heated skin from my collar bones all the way through my neck to earlobes. Each kissed passed a jolt of electricity leaving me wanting for more. His tongue flipped on my earlobe and I gasped. Ryder knew all my weaknesses and he was hitting bang on right now.

His teeth bit on my ear as he whispered one final word and left me whimpering in defeat.

"Mine."