CHAPTER 21

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HEY GUYS. HOW IS EVERYONE DOING? HERE IS ANOTHER UPDATE. WELL I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE BECAUSE I WROTE IT AT 3 IN THE MORNING.  ENJOY.  DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

CHAPTER 21

"Katherine, breathe!" Joffery said to me. I do not know how I landed up in this situation but currently I was in my office room. Ryder was standing by the window with his back towards us and his hands in his pant pockets. His back muscles flexed as he sighed for the hundredth time in the ten minutes we have been in this room but now is not the time to cherish his masculinity Katherine. You are hyperventilating, remember?

"Katherine, look at me. Just breathe!" Joffery squeezed my hands tighter. It's not every day a handsome multi billionaire is kneeling in front of you, holding your hands. I don't know whether he is trying to calm me down or give me a stroke because every time my eyes land on his lips, the image of him kissing me flashes in front of my eyes and my heartbeat accelerates once again.

"Jesus, Ryder. She is getting paler. Don't just stand there, help!" Joffery shouted and I think it's the first time ever I have seen him losing his calm.

"Maybe kiss her again? That should work." Ryder said without turning around to face us but his voice was so cold, it gave shivers to my body.

"Now is not the time Ryder." Joffery said in a warning tone.

"And when exactly is the time Joffery? When you two get married and live your happily ever after?" Ryder turned around; his voice was low, but threatening. His eyes turned a darker shade of grey as he took a step closer.

"What did you expect me to do? Let them talk about the rumors? That could have crumbled each of our reputation to the ground Ryder."

"So, kissing her was the only way out?" He took another step.

"That was the only thing that came to my mind, okay?" Joffery raised his hands up in frustration.

"Your mind, my friend, needs fixing here."

"Why? Why do you care about us kissing?" Joffery asked.

Ahha. Not this. There was sudden silence in the room. I could see Ryder's nostrils flaring as he breathed out. He opened his suit's button and loosened up his tie and just when I thought he was going to pounce, the office door opened and walked in the Satan aka my father.

The smirk was still plastered on his face. He walked in like he owned the place. Well, technically he did but the look on his face suggested he owned the three of us here. Joffery's father, Mr. Kevin Parker, walked in just after my father and that's when Joffery jumped.

"What the heck, dad?" He shouted and it was the first time I saw him this un-composed. Well, now was the time.

Mr. Kevin looked confused at first and then amused. I don't really understand what our fathers find so amusing in controlling and destroying their own children's life. Money and power sure make you do cruel things.

"Son, never seen you so excited for long. I knew I was making the right decision." Mr. Parker said smiling.

"I am not excited father. I am pissed. At you! It was not your fucking decision to make. You don't get to decide who I marry for fuck's sake."

"It's the perfect choice for you, for the company." Mr. Parker replied.

"It's not a fucking god damn deal dad! It's my life. I want to marry the woman I fall in love with. I want my marriage to be a relationship not a god damn contract!"