CHAPTER 31

Author's note- Hey guys! How are you all doing? Sorry I am a bit late but I have been in a little hibernation. So here is another chapter. Sorry it's unedited and if you find it a little bit boring in the beginning, I apologize but please please please read till the end. Happy reading. :)

CHAPTER 31

I would not say sitting there at the restaurant with two gloomy looking men was awkward. It was beyond that. I don't have a word to describe the situation as the three of us sat there waiting for my father. Thinking of being near him right now, just after finding out that he could fall as low as going after his own daughter, his only daughter, makes my stomach churn and I lost my appetite.

"He is late." Ryder said leaning on the table over is left hand. Like I did not know the obvious.

"I am hungry." Joffery whined beside him.

I expected these two fine gentlemen to behave a little more decently but they have been acting like two kids sitting at McDonalds and we were sitting at a very expensive Chinese restaurant and the way everyone was staring at us, I am sure the paps already got the news and we would be flooded with cameras as soon as we walk out.

"Let us just order. He would join us eventually. Anyways we would not get to eat anything once he arrives." I said lifting up my menu and scanning it already knowing what I am going to order.

A waiter came and stood beside me. I could feel his eyes on my cleavage but I ignored it. But Ryder did not, he cleared his throat to get the waiter's attention towards him.

Clyde's, as his name tag read, face heated up and he looked away.

"Are you ready to order?" He asked planting a fake smile on his lips. I opened my mouth to speak but Ryder cut me to it.

"Yeah, Schezwan noodles and dried Manchurian balls for me and the same for the lady and two Irish black coffees please." Ryder said faking to look at the menu but I knew he remembered the order by heart because that is what I ate every time we went out to eat Chinese.

"That is one weird order but what the heck, I would have the same," Joffery said. Clyde left saying he would be back with our food and rushed away as Ryder was still throwing daggers at him.

As soon as he was out of sight, I saw my father walking towards us.

"Devil alert." Ryder mumbled under his breath and though I glared at him to shut up, it still made me laugh.

My father reached our table, his face was void of any expression, he was not even sucking up to Joffery as usual because now he is aware we have bonded and none of us are happy with this arrangement. He knew he had an upper hand.

"Good afternoon gentlemen. Katherine." He nodded his head and took a seat beside me. Both Ryder and Joffery replied to his greeting, sitting straighter where I just groaned. Just get me the food so I can shove my face into it.

Clyde made his appearance once again with a menu, offering it to dad.

"Just get me some coffee son to be rejuvenated for my other meeting." Dad said. Clyde nodded and left.

"I thought you were having lunch with us?" I asked, a small frown appearing on my face. Just a small one because I was delighted I would not have to endure him for long but then the thought that he might indulge in another conspiracy crossed my mind.

"I had change of plans. Also I thought let the young shoulders take some responsibility. It is going to be all yours after all." He said with a smile, not one of his evil-looking straight through your soul- smiles, but a genuine smile and this creeped me out more than usual.