CHAPTER 49

CHAPTER 49

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I was freaking out. My mind had started racing and jumping to a thousand conclusions all at once. And John's brother here, Leo had already made it clear that what or rather who I saw seconds ago is an actual alive human and not a ghost. But this could not happen. All these years she was away from her family, her son locked up in some dungeon? This could not be true.

"Tell me I did not actually see what I just saw?" I turned to John.

"I wish Katherine but I am afraid it's exactly what you saw. The question is how you know Regina?"

"Josh.... Josh showed me a picture of them one night. It was very old but I couldn't mistake. Josh... Oh My God! He thought she was dead. He is going to be so heart broken."

"We all thought she was dead Miss Smith." John said in a flat tone. I know he was equally shocked but he was trying to keep his composure.

"Leonardo, you have to get us out of here." I turned my attention to him. He simply sighed and rubbed his temple.

"I wish it was that easy Miss but I cannot help you."

"Oh please only you can help us getting out of here. John tell your brother."

"Leo let the women go. I will stay here." John said in an authorative, I am your older brother tone.

"Maybe a little nicely?" I asked giving him a closed mouth smile.

"This is mafia Katherine. Nothing about this world is nice and sweet."

I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off in between by Leonardo's phone going off. He has a phone. I can call Ryder or my Father.

"Give me your phone." I took a step closer and planted my feet firmly on the tiles. I turned on my scariest bitch face showing that I am not taking no for an answer. I stretched my right hand in front of me.

"Give it to me." I said each word slowly and in a tone which made men wet their pants.

"You were right. She is feisty." Leo turned his head in his brother's direction. I glared at him taking another step closer. He sighed and put the phone on my palm.

Finally! I can call someone. They can track this call and find us. And by the amount of time that I have been gone, I am sure that they have already started looking.

But as soon as I dialed the number I remembered by heart all these years and was about to touch that green button, I heard a voice that knocked off all the oxygen from my lungs.

"Well, what do we have here?" He sounded amused but in reality his voice was covered in thick venom. He hated my guts. I knew that even before I looked into his eyes. Clutching the phone harder in my hand for dear life, I turned on my heels to come face to face with the Satan. His eyes were as grey as Ryder's but the only difference was, his were void of any emotions. Richard Black knew no mercy. No love. The only things he ever loved, I took them away from him one by one even without knowing it. He wanted me to feel the pain that he had been living all these years. I could tell all this just by looking at his eyes. He wasn't planning an easy death for me. He wanted to see me suffer. He was planning on taking away everything I ever loved just like everything was taken away from him. That's when it hit me. He could have easily flown me out of the city. He brought me here because he wanted my dad and Ryder and everyone to come looking for me. I was never his target. They were.

I threw the phone away as hard as I could. It flew across the room, smashed into a wall and fell on the floor in parts.

"Hey! It was an expensive model!" Leo huffed but I paid no attention.