CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27

I slid into the back seat of my car. John got into the driver's seat and started driving silently. I sat there unmoved, quiet but really I was this close from having a break down.

John kept looking at me through the rear view mirror, passing me that consoling smile. I sighed and slid lower on my seat hoping he would not look at me.

I am so pathetic. I cannot let Ryder make home in my mind. I cannot let him ruin my night. What he said does not matter. Of-course I know Josh. He is an amazing person with a really good body of-course. Screw Ryder. I am not going to let him ruin my date night.

I nearly jumped off the car as soon as John parked outside my building.

"Thank you John." I yelled and ran inside which was quite difficult in these high pencil heels. Once inside my apartment, I quickly went to my bedroom to change into something comfortable and came back to the kitchen to get started with the dinner.

I always enjoyed cooking but once I got engrossed with work after the whole Ryder fiasco, I mostly lived on Chinese take-out and frozen pizza. How come I have not gained any weight is beyond my understanding.

As I walked into the kitchen, I heard some movement. I kept walking thinking it to be Clary but then I heard a noise of some utensils falling and a man cursing.

Well that definitely isn't Clary. Being the stupid person I am in these situations, I grabbed the first thing I could reach from beside me and if you think it was a baseball bat or something you are definitely wrong. There is no single trait of sports in my blood. So of-course the 'thing' turned out to be Clary's hair brush. Why is it kept beside my telephone, don't ask me!

As I tiptoed to the kitchen, I peeked through the door and saw a masculine back flipping pans. Well that is one hell of a murderer because that back is HOT and hungry as well.

Why am I not calling 911? Because that is me and I walked further into the kitchen. As I fixed my entire attention the man I tripped on a bottle and fell on the ground with a loud thud. There goes my chance of taking down the intruder.

My assassin turned around with the pan still in his hand and shock written completely over his face. His mouth fell open as his eyes landed on me.

"Katherine what are you doing here?"

"Well, this being my house pretty much answers that question Josh." I said getting up from the floor.

"Are you alright?" He asked putting the pan down and walking towards me.

"Yeah. I am fine." I replied rubbing my butt.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to make you dinner." He replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"What? But I was going to make you dinner. Remember, I invited you?" I asked frowning at him.

"I just thought you would be busy with work. I am sorry." He pouted like a sweet little puppy, melting all my anger right away.

"It's alright. Just try not giving me a heart attack next time you decide to cook me dinner."

"Why were you tiptoeing in your house anyway?"

"I thought you were a murderer."

"And what were you supposed to do with that hairbrush? Brush me to death?" Josh folded his hands in the front, looking completely amused. Embarrassment crept onto my cheeks and I quickly hid the brush behind my back. This made Josh laugh harder.