CHAPTER THREE

My hands have begun to heal, I feel at home with martha and stella, Iv'e recoverd so much in the past one month Ma sha Allah.

        I've taken there kindness too much for granted, I need to stand on my own feet now and help myself,I  kept calling my parents two times a day but I could'nt reach them, where ever they were I hoped that they remained safe.

           I've decided to go to the police station today to help me get back my passport,I hate him to the depth but I really don't want to do this, yet I have no option , Martha still doesn't know anything about it, someday I will  tell her but right now it's not time yet.

          A few days back Martha handed me my money which she had kept safe for me when I was getting treated.

       I was really happy that I was'nt totally broken, I still had a few hundred pounds with me. As I got out of the house I was so awed by the splendour of it all.

          It was breathtaking, everything seemed of the best quality,the entrance hall was full of antiques  more like museum collections and the best portraits.

I wondered if they were all originals, I thought about my mom who was antique crazy. 

        The  pillars were of marble with gold carvings and the door was huge with beautifully carved mahagony doors, it was like ten people could enter at the same time and it was almost fifteen feet tall, it looked like a small castle really not just a mansion, while leaving I requested Martha to write down the address which was safe in my pocket.

        I remembered I had to buy some clothes too, I've been borrowing Stella's clothes for a month ,I began taking in the view again. How huge was this place?

        The house was surrounded by beautiful landscaping and in front of the mansion stood a bentley,I raised my eyebrows in surprise - Talk about luxury. These people sure are blessed by Allah.

          It took me a long walk to get  to the gate -there was a road built for the car a little far of were beautiful trees, the place was beautifully landscaped right in front of the gate was an eight feet tall fountain. It was amazing I gasped in awe again. The security guard smiled at me and asked me how I was feeling.

         I guessed Martha must've told him about me , I smiled at him and made polite conveesation lowering my gaze for good manners sake and then he opened the ...sky high gates for me.

          After a little walk I caught a taxi . I was afraid of men and of going alone but I guess I have to move on, I don't really have any other option, the taxi driver dropped me at the police station, I told him to wait for me as I had to go shopping as well.

     With a lot of anxiety I stepped in, I was afraid and I really din't want to face Ahmed ever again and ask him for my passport. He would maybe kill me on the spot then and there finding me alive, and I sure didn't want to end up in Ahmed's hands.

        So this was the only way I could get my passport back,I did'nt tell the officer anything in detail, I did'nt want to go deep again, it took a lot of hardwork to put them at the back of my mind, I told him that I didn't want to file a complaint all I wanted was my stuff back from his place .

      The officer obliged and assured me  he would try his best,   I told him the only thing I knew - His name and His area's name. I knew nothing else and what little I did know was'nt pleasant.

       From there I asked the taxidriver to take me to a place where I could get clothes.  He took me to a street with lots of shops,

      I  payed and thanked him and started browsing the shops for my kind of clothes,I had a flashback of the last time I went out and the punishment I got for that. It gave me a shudder, after months and months of living as a prisioner I was finally free....

          ********************