CHAPTER SEVEN

My world started to rotate around Aamir, everything I did was to keep him happy and all the time I spent- I spent with him.

       Martha's room was next to mine, I still had nightmares of Ahmed and I woke up shouting but Martha was always there to soothe me. She still did'nt ask me what happened but I think her wise mind knew most of the things, she did'nt interrogate me and I was grateful to her for that.

        Aamir was helping me heal and every day I thanked Allah, I recite the quran when Aamir takes a nap and if Aamir really is a muslim I decided I will read the quran to him too, but as I did'nt know I did not do it, I respect every culture, that is what we are taught, to love and respect all human beings, we are all the children of Adam (a.s) and Eve(R.A)  afterall,and it's there wish what religion they choose, and ours to help them see light.

        Humanity was being kind to  each other for all cast and creed right?  and whatever religion Aamir was I Loved him a lot anyway, coz everyone is born in the faith of monotheism, it's humans that choose there religion, and Aamir will choose what Allah has chosen for him, we all are free to choose, even after knowing what's right, but in everyone's life Allah gives them a chance to follow monothiesm so that they don't complain on the day of judgement .

       I wanted only the best for Aamir, I  enjoyed his company so much, he was such a wonderful, gorgeous boy, and he loved being cuddled and kissed, soon he may learn to walk and I was lucky I would be there to see him take his first step I was already too attatched to him.

       I remembered I had to sterilize his bottles, I also made him pear puree today by boiling it with a little sugar and pureeing it -the only fruit he ate without spitting out!  and then I got him ready for the day , as usual he cooed and laughed, the only actual word he said was dada wich he said when he wanted milk, I adored him and his dimples and I loved him with all my heart, this baby became the world to me.

      The cook who had been on holiday had returned so I made sure I wore my long coat and hijab, I looked at my hands, the swelling was gone, only the scar remained and maybe it would remain for life, I  din't know about the cigarette scar but  I was sure that the scar in my heart would never heal.

     I never stayed alone with the chef in the kitchen, I went in only when Martha or Stella were there or when the kitchen was empty, firstly coz he was'nt mehram, secondly coz I had long back stopped trusting men.

      The chef had cooked wonderful spaghetti for dinner , Aamir was in his baby chair, it was a really nice one you had to fix it on the dining chair so Aamir felt like he was actually sitting on the dining table.

      He already had four teeth so I gave him a few strands of spaghatti to chew - which he was chewing less and throwing more, I laughed as one of the spaghetti strands landed on Stellas head and seeing me laugh Aamir started laughing too.

         The laughing was so contagious that soon Martha was laughing her head off too, Stella was glaring at all of us and it only made us laugh more maniacly, we kept roaring with laughter for a few minutes when Aamir landed a strand on my hair too.We all started off again, I poked my tongue out at Aamir who tried to grab my tongue in his hand which made us laugh even more, I din't remember when the last time was that I laughed so much.

           I heard the door bell ring and I went to open the huge doors, they were very heavy and  I had to pull it with all my force to open it, I managed to open only one of the doors, as soon as the door opened I looked out to see who it was.

        A man stood there and looked into my eyes, only the fact that he was a man made me move backwards....

             *****************