CHAPTER FOUR

'And  my affair I leave to Allah.verily Allah is the all seer of (his) slaves."

                                          -Gaafir:44

        I smiled to myself as I remembered the little baby I had sighted at the mansion. His adorable curly hair and huge eyes. I was shocked to know at first that a baby resided in the mansion but I simply couldn't help but peek out of my room when I heard a baby's wail. He unknowingly pulled the string to my heart and I felt a connection to him that were unknown to me. I couldn't help taking him into my arms or kissing him on his cheeks.

          God bless the child who gave me a smile after months of pain . I had seen the baby only once yet had taken a liking to him at first sight.

       I bought the things that were necessary for me like a few coats and pashmina and scarves to wear as hijab and two jeans and  six tee- shirts, pretty sufficient for me , I also bought a few toileteries , while shopping I happened to pass a toystore and I remembered the baby-  I went in and bought a cute little toy for him, a soft rabbit which jumped and clapped and also played rhymes. I also bought  a car shaped pillow for him .  I had no idea why I was this attatched to a baby whom I had met for the first time.

        As soon as I went inside the mansion I called out to Martha

      "Martha I want to see the baby, I brought something for him"

"Sure darling take the stairs to the right , second room on the left " came her reply

"okey Martha , thanks is Stella with him?" I inquired

"Yes" came the reply

       I followed Martha's instructions and felt really grateful that she had given the instruction in detail. I  could easily get lost in this place.

          I entered the door Martha had directed.  I was greeted with lots of light and warm colours, the room had lots of cartoons painted on the walls and had lots of windows to brighten the room and it had a crib in the middle with toys surrounding it, there was a huge four ft teddybear which was totally cute and I saw the little baby angel sitting right in between the teddybear - he looked

adorable.

         He was wearing a baby suit with a car on it, I saw stella dozed on a bean bag with her mouth wide open, I laughed out loud and the baby looked at me and our eyes met.  His eyes were deep green and it reminded me of summer don't know why...we just dont know...connected.

      I  slowly went to him remembring he wasn't used to strangers anxious that I would startled him. He started crawling towards me too, I took him in my arms, He smelled of fresh talcum. My heart wanted to pour all my love on him,He cuddled in my arms and touched my face with his little chubby fingers and gave me a dimpled smile.He was so totally gorgeous Ma sha Allah, I was totally in love with him.

          I started to talk to him  soothingly and gave him the gifts I brought for him. He laughed and clapped as the bunny jumped, seeing him happy made me happy, I was overwhelmed with the feeling I felt for this adorable stranger.

                ***************