CHAPTER EIGHT

' How much ever you bow down to your God, it's never enough in return of what all he has given you without your asking'

          The stanger doesn't bother being polite or even to tell me what he is here for. He most probably looks very stunning, but I'm not gonna see him in detailed description, He is dangerous - He's a man and  ... heyyy..... he's breaking into the house! I call out to him

"Excuse me, who are you? and why are you breaking in? I'll call the police!"    I say with a nervous shudder to my voice.

He gives me an amused smile as he goes inside and starts calling Martha.

"Martha! Where are you ? take my coat please and I'd really appreciate a cup of black coffee"    He says

  I'm still fixed to my place in shock- who is this guy?

           Martha hurries to the entrance hall and greets the man and takes his coat and goes straight to the kitchen to bring him his black coffee - so this guy was ? This guy was our  master? The owner of this mansion? Most possibly -he does kind of look posh and I threatened to give him to the police for entering his own house, what a mess!

            I quietly slipped to the kitchen to talk to Martha, I was really glad that I was wearing my coat and hijab there were two men in the house now  and Martha was kind of nervous

       He had'nt informed that he was coming, she hurried Stella up to his room for a thorough clean up and took me along to the dining room to introduce Aamir's new nanny to him.

        When we entered he was giving Aamir a kiss on his cheek and Aamir in return gave him a very sloppy kiss which earned him a deep low chuckle.

      I looked at the floor and suddenly took a lot of interest in the marble pattern on the ground , He looked up and stared at the two of us

"Long time Martha, how have you been ?"

       Martha's reply surprised me, she didn't speak to him like her master but like a son.

"How do you think I will be Adel since you appear out of no where without informing ,that too at dinner  time?"

       He chuckled again "The same old Martha eh? Sorry I came without informing, been busy." he replied in a very affectionate tone.

  "Poor child "she says while she hands him the black coffee.

    I stood there gaping at them coz clearly I never expected this kind of relationship between a master and a housekeeper.

     That's when he shifted his gaze to me , I hung my head again .

       " Adel this is Sarah, the girl I told you about she is Aamir's nanny now."

He simply nods his head.

          I kept wondering whether he approved of me or not  especially after my not so nice welcome.

"I'm extremely sorry about what happened , I did'nt know you....."

        He held up his hand gesturing me to stop talking and I left off mid sentence.

"Thats k, you're only human ! Is'nt it past Aamir's bed time?"

           I took it as my queue to leave and took Aamir with me to his nursery, I gave him his night bath, massaged him with almond oil, got him into his nightsuit, gave him his milk bottle and switched on the bed light , within minutes he had dozed off, and I watched him as he slept peacefully.

  ADEL'S POV

          The door opened and a young woman peeped out. She didn't look more than twenty.  She must be the muslim girl Martha helped -she was gorgeous, she had huge eyes and tiny lips, a straight nose, I could'nt see her eyecolour in the dark, she was fair with pink cheeks, she was wearing a hijab around her hair so I couldn't really know how her hair was , but the hijab made her even more gorgeous I guess .

            I was knocked out of my thoughts as she threatened to give me to the police, that sure was amusing but I saw the fear in her eyes and I saw her step back a little ... was I that hideous? I grunted as I went straight in ,as she remained fixed at the door.

            Aamir did look better cared for ,but she was so young, she must have no experience with babies would she properly care for Aamir ?

       He was the only family I had and I wanted him to be in the best hands so I always found him good experienced nannies who knew how to handle kids. This girl looks like she ought to be a student but  her eyes told a differnt story, a story of fear and suffering ... I wonder why....

     I looked at her again, she was gazing at the floor , she looked very nervous, I thought of seeing her with Aamir first and then decide whether to remove her or not, she did look kind and gentle enough so I sent her to the nursery with Aamir to put him to bed and turned around to Martha .

        "What do you know about this girl, Martha?" I inquired

       "I found Sarah while returning from the grocery shop, that girl was hurt really  badly, for two weeks she was treated in bed, she was in a very bad condition son, all bleeding and in pain she was unconcious when we brought her here, as much as I know I  haven't seen a heart kinder than hers and she took a liking to Aamir, those two get along like mother and son and I have no doubt on her abilities , you must be worried about Aamir I know, but trust me he is in the safest hands so far.

       I don't know what happened to her though, and she doesn't talk about it but all I know is that, the girl has gone through a lot and bears a lot of pain but she's strong."

        Her story intruiged me, I wanted to know what happened to her.

       Martha was wise, if she thinks that Sarah is right for Aamir, I didn't have to doubt her abilities but I really hoped she was good with my nephew ...

            *****************