CHAPTER FIVE

As soon as I woke up next day I ran to baby Aamir's room - yup! I found out his name was aamir .  I wondered if he was muslim but I didn't think it polite to ask Martha ... kind of felt like I was being a racist you know.

        I entered the room on tiptoes, just in case he was asleep, when I reached his crib his green eyes looked up at me and He gave me a huge smile... I was overwhelmed by my love for him again.

      I  took him in my arms and gave him a bear hug and a lot of kisses, he was giggling by now. He took strands of my hair in his hands and started to pull it (I wasn't wearing hijab since no one other than Martha and Stella were at home)  I laughed at him and started to change his diaper since he just woke up. He remained silent till I changed and Stella came to stand beside me

"Wow, he's being an angel with you, He never really stays so decent while changing"

I laughed at her comment

"I guess, I'm magical" I reply which earns me a laugh from Stella

"Hey can I please please please give him a bath and get him ready? I will be really really careful" I asked

"Ya sure, why not,"   She agreed as she handed me his clothes, diaper and talcum powder ,his milk bath is in the washroom she said.

     I started undressing him all the time tickling his tummy to hear him giggle as I laughed along with him, I took him to the washroom which had  a  tiny baby bathtub which Stella had filled.

      I put him in it and he started splashing water all over me, I gently splashed it back at him and he laughed and laughed, I gently cleansed him with the milkbath, drained the water he was in and sprayed his body with the tiny jet spray and gently shampooed his scalp, he had beautiful and soft dark golden hair which complimented his eyes.

      He kept cooing while I washed his scalp. I wrapped him in a fluffy baby towel and gave him a huge kiss, he smiled at me and touched my face so lovingly I was touched. I put him on the changing table, applied talcum and put on a diaper, I dressed him in the cute clothes Stella gave him and shout out

"We are ready"    To no one in particular and bounce back downstairs .

          Martha gave me apple puree to feed him, I put on his bib and tried to feed him and he kept pushing it out with his tongue...it was hilarious.

           That night I wondered what my first step should be, tomorrow I will get my passport In sha Allah( If God wills) and then I will have to earn a little to go back to India, that's when an idea struck me.

           Next morning at breakfast I spoke to Martha about becoming Aamir's nanny. I  loved that kid and i would be good at this I knew.

       Martha said she would tell me in a while and went to the next room to speak to someone, when she returned her face glowed with happiness.

"You can, You can, You can"

     she said as she quoted me my salary, it was pretty good and I said

"yes, yes, yeah, now I can officially take care of Aamir"

       So Martha and Stella shifted me to a room next to Aamir's nursery which had a baby monitor, it was even more splendid, I smiled to myself, I had the first job in my life and I absolutely loved it!

BEING MUSLIMAHOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara