CHAPTER NINE

'To the most beautiful mom in the world, guilty of giving sarah your description.... but I don't know anyone prettier than you. "

   Adel's Pov :

                  I was way too tired to even think about work but there still was a tiny bit of finishing to do  and I would never get sleep if I keep any work incomplete.

       So I had a hot shower and changed into a pullover and tracks and got myself comfortable on my study table with my macbook . I was totally into the work I was doing so I didn't realize how time had flown,I looked at my rolex- thirty past three wow !   I sure do get involved!  I closed my Macbook and got up to go and sleep .

        That's when I heard it -distant shouting, I was worried about Aamir, what if something bad happened to him too?

      I ran as fast as I could to Aamir's nursery but the shouting was coming from the room next to it, The door was half open so I could see a little- The scene I saw, I don't know why but it deeply effected me.

         Sarah sat on the ground crying and weeping and shouting, Martha sat beside her comforting her , she kept repeating "It's okey child, I'm with you, I'm with you."

           I  couldn't enter the room, I could'nt help her, I felt so useless and helpless just the way I felt when I had lost my family, I wanted to help her and soothe her, I wanted to make sure that she was safe and to chase her troubles away, I wasn't in love with her but I was human and she was afterall my responsibility.

       She was mine to keep safe and I could do nothing to help, I kept my hands inside my pocket so that I  would'nt barge into the room, I kept clutching them tighter and tighter, she began to calm down now and she held Martha and began to cry...

       Firmly Martha pulled her on the bed and covered her with a duvet  and started to pat her and slowly Sarah drifted off to sleep , she sighed and headed for the door, I looked up at her, she just looked at me and said

       "Her past chases her every night "      in a sad voice  and she went back to her room, I headed back to mine but I was in deep thoughts I kept wondering again and again what had happened to her. I wanted to know her story, I wanted to know all about her...

SARAH'S POV

               I sat in a dark room, there was no sunlight and no way to get out, I got up and started to find a way out, I searched and searched but I found no way, I heard someone's breath in the darkest corner of the room , I shouted out " who's there, who's there?"

        I heard a sly chuckle, a man crept out of the shadows, his deep voice said "trying to get out, are we my dear wifey?"

    I stepped back , I could see him in all the corners of the room saying again n again "you'll never see the day light again" and he laughed maniaclly...

    I saw light in a distance, I began to run towards it , and all of a sudden the ground beneath me vanished and I fell, fell and fell into the emptiness, I shouted for help but there was no one, I screamed and screamed ... I was going to hit the ground, I felt someone slap me and I opened my eyes.

         Martha sat next to me and I grabbed on to her motherly figure and sobbed my heart out...Ya Allah please help me I thought.

           Martha put me to bed and I went into the darkness again...

                ****************