CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Adels pov

       Its been a week since i came , everynight i stood in front of sarahs room , feeling useless yet desperate , everyday i would hold onto myself so that i dont go in and comfort her, i want to chase away the demons of her past , i wanted to make her happy , i wanted to keep her safe , but i had no right over her , i couldnt comfort her.... all i could do is watch her sob , my fist hurt as i hit it against the wall, i hate the feeling of uselessness , i want to help her , but all i could do is watch in pain.

           the next morning i heard an urgent knock on my door, i hurriedly put on my clothes and opened it , sarah stood there in a happy kind of urgency with a huge grin on her face ,all she said was
"come fast, youve got to see this"
and she ran back to the nursery, i followed her ...

              Aamir was standing holding the crib , sarah kneeled down a few steps away from him and raised up her hands to him, he smiled and slowly took his first step with his hands held up in balance , and slowly took another step, gradually one after another he took his steps towards sarah , he was about to loose his balance and fall when sarah grabbed hold of him and hugged and kissed him, maybe in happiness she forgot that i was still in the room , she was actually being herself ... and i felt happiness surge within me, from one week ive been waiting for her to  be free and finally she took a step along with aamir....

         she was happily clapping her hands encouraging aamir, thosw two were enveloped in their own world , how i wished she would be the same way with me, aamir finally looked at me and i gave him an encouraging smile, i guess sarah remembered i was there since she stiffened again , yet she was smiling for aamirs sake, i held out my arms to aamir and he step by step waddled towards me, i never felt this proud of anyone before, it felt amazing to see this little one grow , maybe there was nothing better than see a child take his first steps and for the first time i felt glad that i wasnt out on any business trip...

i held aamir close to me i didnt want to let him go ...ever....

Sarahs pov

               I couldnt believe my eyes when aamir took his first step, i laughed out in joy and felt proud of him like he was my very own son, it was a beautiful sight , i thought about adel , aamir was his nephew after all , he deserved to see this and enjoy his first steps so i ran to his rokm and knocked on his door, he looked a little sleepy , but i couldnt hide my excitement, i hurried back into aamirs room with adel following me,  i couldnt hide my joy when aamir walked towards me, it was the proudest moment of ny life even though he wasnt really my son , in my heart i loved him just as much , i hugged him and kissed him and clapped to encourage him, aamir started clapping too, then i felt guilty that i was being too selfish and not sharing aamirs love , i saw aamir walk towards him and i felt happy seeing those two bind together with love ...