CHAPTER TWELVE

'You may wish to be someone else but don't forget , there are many who wish to be like you, Allah has made you perfect in every way, praise be to him.'

Sarah's pov :

Late in the afternoon everyday I recited the Holy Quran. When I read it I forget the woes of my life and peace overcomes me. I love the feeling of it. The guidance it gives, has no words. Every time I read it , I thank Allah for all he's given me rather than what not. I mostly recite it in my room or in the nursery so that Aamir can hear it too and if I'm reciting it in my room I make sure to switch on the speaker on my baby monitor so that Aamir hears it as well, Aamir listens to me very patiently.

Today I decided to recite Surah Maryam , The story of Mary, I love it way too much...

Adel's pov :

I've been working out in the gym in my terrace . My daily routine, My room is just a few doors away from the nursery and it gives me comfort that I'm a little close to him.

        I had to go and take a shower but I decided to check on Aamir first. I decided to knock before entering, just in case Sarah was in. No reply, so I opened the door , I was welcomed with the sweetest voice I've heard till now , it invited me to enter the room.

        I went in  to see Aamir quietly listening to the voice lying on his crib. wonderful wonderful boy! As soon as he looked at me he gave me a million dollar smile. I took him in my arms and we both settled in the bean bag to listen to the Quran being recited .

         I can't describe the effect the reading of the Quran had on me, it's been almost two years now since I read it. Before that I never went to bed without reciting it, but the day my life became meaningless I started doubting on god.

     I was angry with him and I  stopped practicing, I couldn't understand why Allah who loved me so much ,would put me in such a situation .

        Just one crash and I lost everyone I  loved , Aamir was safe because he was left at home.  What if he would have gone along too?

       I couldn't imagine it, I wouldn't have anything to live for.  This little kid held my strings. If I was alive, I was alive for him . We two don't have anyone other than each other in this world, I detest the day when my world came tumbling down.

        I gave up on my responsibilities and left my birth place. I practically eloped with Aamir from there and came here, this was my parent's summer home.

        We used to always come here when we were kids and I used to love this place. There was no better place than this to heal, yet the memories haunt me everynight...

This girl never stopped surprising me, she had been through a lot in life too, i wondered if her burdens were more than me, yet she didnt give up on God , she still continued to live, love and have hope in god , why didnt i do the same? why did i drift away from god? why did i not trust him enough? why did i give up on everything? .... who ever this girl is , im thankful to her because after so many years im turning to god again, i zone out as her beautiful voice reading the quran reaches out to me and i wonder if i should start reciting it too, there is so much of peace in it. ...

Sarahs pov

after i finished my dinner i went to put aamir in bed, i gave him a bath and massaged him and put him in bed after changing him, as usual as soon as i put on the bedlight he was asleep , the good good boy.

I went to my room and got ready for bed too, I read the duas and a few small surahs and did zikr, then i lay in bed remembering my parents smile , there laughter, the beautiful relationship we had, this always made me smile, i wondered if id ever reunite with them again, but for now the chances were nil, i drifted into the darkness and dreamt again what i dream everynight, ahmed , he kept haunting my dreams and i woke up shouting and sobbing again and again martha was there to hold unto me, i will never be able to repay this woman ....never.