CHAPTER FIFTEEN

'May almighty allah bestow mercy on those whom we lost in the malaysian airlines mh 370, and bestow patience on those who will never get to see their loved ones'

   'verily to him we belong and to him is our return, may allah recompence our loss with the better.'

Adels Pov :

              I silently entered the dining room  to see that sarah was feeding aamir, both of them seemed to be having a lot of fun, aamir was giggling a lot, the sight in front of him sure did look funny, no wonder he was laughing so much, a huge grin appeared on my face, sarah was balancing a teaspoon on her nose, and kept making it fall on purpose since it gave a new round of laughter from aamir, i kept watching them for a while, they looked amazing together, the woman in front of me was beyond amazing...i let out a sigh, that did it, i saw her stiffen and i knew the joyful, funny sarah went back into her cover.

     The chef had gone out so sarah served me breakfast , she was about to pick up a pot of porridge when i spotted a scar on her wrist , she quickly hid it with her sleeves , anyway i asked her how she got hurt, all i got in reply was that a few wounds, never heal.

          that night as usual it was close to two when i heard her scream again , and as always i ran to her room and stood in front of her door, she was sobbing on martha, today martha did not put her to bed but made her sit on the couch, it was a little distant and i couldnt see them properly but i could hear them , martha asked her to calm down

"sarah ive never badgered you till now , thinking that when you are ready , you will tell me yourself , but i  need you to share your pain sarah or you will never be able to let go of your past"

i heard sarah sigh...

"come on child, u gotta tell me"

and so sarah started to speak , i couldnt see her so i moved a little so that i could view them, sarah was gazing into the ceiling

" Im from a small hill station in india called shimla, my dad is turkish and mom is an indian, they were the happiest couple on earth and i...there only child, all my life i dint know what pain was, all i did was laugh and smile, i was loved and cared for, and very very pampered, i got everything i wanted yet i was never spoilt, my mom and dad were my life , till one day my mom and dad found me a guy they wanted me to marry, he was my dads bestfriends son, we dint know a thing about him, till the last minute i did not even know where he lived, but i accepted the proposal for my parents anyway"  i saw a fresh bunch of tears flow from her eyes...

" he brought me here to zurich,he took me home , and i was ready to be the best wife i could be... i had no idea that...that..." she started sobbing again and martha patiently waited for her till she could speak again

" his name was ahmed , at first he never really gave me attention, i thought that maybe it was coz we were arranged marriage... he was never at home, he came late and went out early , a few days he never came home at all , i was sleeping in the guest room, i would wait  for him on the couch but then he stopped coming home , there was nothing to eat, he wanted nothing to do with me, for almost ten days i survived only on water , i had no strength in my body i dint know anything about the area so i couldnt go out and buy,i was almost close to death, then one day he came and asked me to wear a very immodest dress, i was stubborn that i wouldnt wear it but he wanted to force me to wear but i didnt listen, that was the first time he hit me, he punced me on my eye, i was ready to forgive him but he didnt want to have anythng to do with me, maybe coz he was hoping that id die of starvation...."

.

   she started crying again and i held on to the wall for support....

"i was kn no condition to walk but he made me cook for a party of 20 people, i ate to my full after ten days of sttuggling and hid a little extra food for later, that night one of his friends tried to force me, but when i begged him , he let me go, i saw ahmed with another woman so i went to confront him, he hit me and pushed me coz of which i hit on the table and bled , i was hurt and embarassed but the hurt i felt emotionally was worse than my physical pain."

     there was a long pause ...

" he starved me and he abused me, but the worst was to see him with another woman , i wanted fresh air, i dint want to live like a prisioner and one day in search of tools i entered ahmeds room , i was shocked, there were a hundred pictures of him with different girls, that day i came to know that i was ahmeds fourth wife, i dont know why he did it, but the next day all the pictures were gone, i guess i was going crazy , things happened which i didnt understand, i was going crazy... then one day he tied me to a chair and stabbed a cigarette on my wrist..."

   she was looking at the scar now which i had asked her about this morning

" he then tied me to a tree in his backyard, there was a blizzard that day , it was freezing cold, my wrists bled and i was in the snow for almost ten hours , when i woke up i was in my room and i had high temperature, my palms had gashes in them, i dint know how, the blood on my wrist had dried, but it was horrible to look at , i fainted and when i did wake up i found myself surrounded  by oak trees , i was left out in the forest to die... "

        i could hear sarah sobbing and i heard martha sobbing too... i felt something wet on my cheeks...  tears had started falling from my eyes as well....