Care

PREPARE TO WHEEZE FROM THE FLUFF THROWN IN YOUR FACE. GET IT. #IMSLEEPDEPRIVEDLOL

Taehyung's P.O.V

"Taehyung are you okay?"

Jungkook's familiar voice rings in the air, his hand placed on my shoulder in a comforting manner. His tone sounds worried but that can't be right. Why would he be worried about me? Silly Taehyung, imagining things again.

"No", I croak out, my voice breaking at that one specific word. It means a lot more than the two letter may stand for. I'm not okay with the fact that my boyfriend has been cheating on me for the past two years. I'm not okay with the way Minho treated me. I'm not okay with my grades falling at a fast rate, earning disapproving looks from my parents every goddamn time I get home. I'm not okay with Mr. Iglo, my goldfish, dying. I'm not okay with the weird connection I have with Jungkook. The only thing I'm okay with is the fact I acknowledged I'm not okay. I'm not okay and I don't even mind it at this point. Being blue is sometimes better than being over it.

My inner rant gets broken off when I feel two muscular arms closing around me, making my breath hitch and my heart stop for a beat. I ignore the part of my brain that tells me I should pull back. I wrap my arms around him too, sighing in the hug. My tense body melts in his body heat and I snuggle into the crook of his neck, picking up the scent of his familiar cologne.

"It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay", his low voice whispers in my ear. He sounds so sincere, so honest, I can't help but relax at his words. His breath tingles my neck but in a nice way, making my heart flutter. We stay like that for a while, the tears that seemed to mysteriously leak out of my eyes staining Jungkook's shirt. He pulls back, much to my dislike, but before a frown can appear on my face he has slipped an arm underneath my legs and lifts me in air. I yelp lightly and automatically wrap my arms around his neck to steady myself.

"Don't drop me", I speak out softly, not daring to gaze into his dark brown eyes.

"I would never drop you Taehyung".

The words seem to have a deeper meaning, one I don't want to think about tonight. My head is already a full on mess and I can't have Jungkook get even a bigger part in it. He carries me over to his car and tucks me into the back seat, leaning over to grab the seatbelt. When he has safely attached the seatbelt he walks over to the driver's seat and drives away from the party. The car wobbles and my head falls against the cool car window. The street lights form a blurry line and I watch them deform in the darkness of the night. It's late, almost 4 am and I'm too tired to ask Jungkook where we're going. A part of me hopes he's dropping me off but another, bigger part is must admit, doesn't want to come home to my parents with disapproving looks who'll scold me for coming home late and drunk. My eyes flutter closed as Jungkook puts on the radio, a jazzy tone emitting from the car. I wake up at the feeling of being carried again. I catch a glimpse of a staircase that isn't mine which means Jungkook took me home with him. I don't protest, not when I'm too tired to speak or kick his ass. I actually appreciate him caring. Lately people don't seem to care anymore.

My eyes close again at the bouncing of a soft mattress I'm laid down on. My thoughts fade away as the mattress dips, signalizing someone else lays in the bed. My heart beats slower at the feeling of arms wrapping themselves around me and pulling me closer to the person so I'm snuggly laying on his chest. I'm taken away to the land of dreams when the familiar scent of cologne is evident on the person's shirt.

Jungkook

~

Something wet touches my forehead and I can fairly distinguish the feelings as a pair of lips kissing me.

"Good morning Taehyung"

A husky voice, the owner of the lips, tells me and I feel the warmth leaving me. I cling onto the nearest body part, which is an arm and grip it tightly.

"Don't", my voice says thick with sleep, "Don't leave".

Jungkook laughs breathlessly but nevertheless the bed dips again and the familiar warmth engulfs me once more. The scent I mysteriously got addicted to is on the pillow and I push my face into it, smiling at the protective feeling it gives me.

"What are you doing?", Jungkook chuckles, weaving his hand through my bed hair. I lean into the touch, sighing in pleasure when his hand accidently pulls on the strands. I don't want to open my eyes. I don't want my perfect vision to be ruined by a probably evilly smirking Jungkook who meant nothing of the things he said last night. But instead I'm met with a softly smiling boy, his black hair ruffled and his eyes still sleepy and small. I blink a few times, thinking I'm dreaming.

"Good morning again sleepyhead", he chuckles, pulling the sheets back over our bodies.

"Morning", I mumble, nudging his shoulder to inform him I want his arm around me. He gets the hint and wraps his right arm around my waist and I turn sideways so I can lean against his side.

"You're cuddly in the morning", he notices and I shrug against the mattress.

"I've never woken up with someone in the morning before except for Jimin but he never liked my morning breath or bed hair", I say drowsily.

"Well I don't mind", he replies.

Why is he being so nice all of a sudden? Is this the real Jungkook? Was the bad boy look just an act?

"I wanted to make pancakes for breakfast", Jungkook trails off and I open one eye to look at him questioningly.

"What's stopping you?"

"Your cute request", he grins and I start pushing him off the bed.

"I can sleep on my own! Bake me pancakes Mr. Jeon!", I yell groggily and faceplant again into the pillow. He snickers but complies, his footsteps going down the stairs.

Maybe I just don't want to face reality but right now I don't care I'm in Jungkook's house, or bed even. He seems to care and seeming is all I need right now.

🚬

Okay so I'm reading a lot of vkook fanfictions lately and I'm yearning for some updatesssss. I'm going to tag the books and authors here so you can maybe read them if you haven't already :) THESE ARE MY ABSOLUTE FAV BOOKS ATM.

KIMNAMSOON - Personal slave
emptae - Petit
taeslostboy - Teach me how to ride
-chocohyung - Fighter
cutetaeminkook - Nuisance
-LilTaeBear - Naughty
wonbby - Poison
softieparadise - The rival mates
Y0UG0TN0JAMS - Lightweight