Believe

I'm entering all my books for the Wattys2017 because why not? I've been on wattpad for many years and never entered a writing competition before this year.

Taehyung's P.O.V

"Taehyung?"

My eyes fly open as I recognize the voice of my mother who's knocking on my bedroom door. Thank god I locked it yesterday! The memories of last night come flooding in and the strong grip on my waist is proof of what happened yesterday. I wriggle around in Jungkook's arms and accidently bump my shoulder against his head which wakes him up with a pained expression and a groan. He squints his eyes against the bright light coming from the window and I also thank Jungkook for not closing it last night so that the scent in my room hopefully disappeared a little.

"You need to go", I whisper to Jungkook once he opens his mouth to say something.

"Taehyung? Are you awake?", my mother knocks again and Jungkook finally seems to realize what's happening. He crawls out of bed and tip toes to his jeans to pull them on.

"Give me a second! I'm putting on clothes!", I yell back, even though I'm still dressed in last night's clothes.

Jungkook almost stumbles due his haste and I freeze when he crashes down onto the floor.

"Taehyung? Is everything alright?", mom sounds worried and I laugh it off nervously.

"Y-Yeah I just tripped over the bin, you know me, clumsy Taehyung and all that".

Jungkook smiles at me and mouths 'sorry" while getting back to his feet.

He tip toes to me and gives me a quick peck on the lips. I wish I could grab him again and give him a full on kiss but we don't have the time for that. He disappears out of the window and I quietly close it so all traces of someone sneaking into my room have vanished.

I walk over to the door and open it, revealing my worried mother. Why is she worried? I thought she was angry with me. I leave the door open and walk over to sit on my bed, staring at the ground in hope she will start the conversation. I'm really not in the mood to apologize for something I didn't do.

"Taehyung", she sighs deeply and I feel the bed dipping next to me, "What actually happened yesterday?"

"Will you believe me if I tell you?", I look up to her to find a glint of sympathy in her eyes.

"If you tell me the truth", she places her hand on my leg. It's such a comforting gesture that I almost get emotional again.

"Well you know Jimin and I have been dating for a while now", I sigh wile fumbling with my shirt, "We never had sex-"

"Woah wait son, you never had sex with Jimin?", my mom interrupts me with a shocked expression.

"Yeah... why are you so surprised?", I arch an eyebrow questioningly.

"Well... You're both almost eighteen and dating for more than a year. Whenever you were home alone and you invited Jimin over I kinda put two and two together", she shrugs, a soft giggle escaping her mouth.

"yeah well I'm still a virgin and I thought Jimin was too... I was waiting for him you know? He always told me he wasn't ready and I understood him so I waited for him until-", I ruffle my hair remembering the day my vision about Jimin completely changed, "A new student transferred into our school named Jungkook. He looked interested in Jimin and always tried to make me jealous by flirting with him. I thought Jimin wouldn't give into his charms, because Jungkook is really handsome, but the day after this party, that I left earlier because I did get jealous, Jungkook told me they had sex".

I hear her gasp and it gives me the courage to go on. It sounds like she's believing me.

"I of course didn't believe him because he had been nothing but a jerk to me all the time but his words were proven right when another guy named Minho told me he had been fucking Jimin for a year now. He also told me Jimin had been sleeping around with a lot of guys, telling them I wasn't ready yet so I had given him permission to find his pleasure with other guys which is bullshit! I was the one waiting for Jimin and now I came to know that he had been cheating on me for so long!"

It's quiet for some time and I wonder what's going on in my mom's mind at his moment.

"And Jimin... What did he say?"

"He didn't deny it and I heard him talking to Jungkook about cheating on me several times", I look back down at my feet,"When I saw him at another party he was kissing with an older guy".

She rubs soothing circles on my leg,"And the hickeys?"

I feel my cheeks burn at the mention of the purple blotches on my collarbones.

"T-They are from Jungkook", I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly.

She eyes me suspiciously and I avert my eyes quickly so she doesn't notice my burning cheeks.

"But he had sex with your boyfriend and you just told me he was a jerk", she points out confused.

I cough, knowing there was no way out of this, "Yeah but after he told me about Jimin and saw me burst out in tears he has been much nicer. He seems like the only one at this point who cares about me. He has been there for me and always comes when I'm in need of protection or comfort".

"So he also came last night I've heard", she says and I almost choke on my own spit.

"Wh-what?", I sputter and she laughs at my expression.

"These walls aren't soundproof honey. When the Parks left I went to check up on you but I guess your mouth was too busy already to talk it out".

I almost die from embarrassment when she winks at me. My mom heard us. Can the ground just swallow me right up?

"So he's your boyfriend now?"

My expression goes from embarrassed to frowning.

"I- uh I don't really know what we are. We kiss and cuddle and do that. But I don't know if he really likes me..."

She stands up from the bed and goes over to the window, opening the curtains.

"He took the effort to get the ladder down and park his car a few houses away. Those are signs that he's definitely a keeper", she turns around with arched eyebrows,"You're dad once parked his bike in the garden when we were only just dating and of course my dad found out about it and caught us red handed... or white-"

"Mooooom!", I put my hands on my ears to stop her words from coming through. The mental image is becoming too vivid.

She chuckles and pats my shoulder,"I'm sorry, the thing I wanted to make clear is that he definitely cares for you and you should consider claiming him before someone steals him away".

"I'll think about it", I smile back and her face brightens.

"Alright! Now this is out of the way let's go downstairs you're dad made pancakes! His specialty", she winks and holds the door open for me. I jump up and race her down the stairs. The smell of pancakes reminds me of that morning with Jungkook and the tip of my ears start burning again.

Aish what is he doing to me?