Blame

Extra long chapter!

Taehyung's P.O.V

"Get dressed Taehyung! The Parks are coming over for dinner".

The console in my hand crashes to the ground, worrying my mother on top of the stairs. I slowly lift my head to the hallway where she's standing with crossed arms.

"Did you say Park?", I ask in disbelief, shaking a little.

"Yes, Park as in Jimin Park your boyfriend. You know they're good friends of the family", she tilts her head with a confused expression on her face. I mentally hit myself for not telling my parents I broke up with him. The bed bounces when I jump off it and I pause the videogame on the television.

"Mom I-", I turn around only to find the spot where she once stood empty.

"Great", I mumble sarcastically, walking over to my closet to pull out some clothes. A pair of bleached jeans and a fancy black shirt are my outfit for tonight. I don't really want to dress up for the Parks and especially not for my ex-boyfriend. I think about faking a fever or a stomachache but my mother can see right through me and it wouldn't help the already tense atmosphere between us.

I don't necessarily need to talk with Jimin as long as I stay at the table with the adults. I huff and go downstairs to wait for the hell family to arrive. I wonder if I should text Jungkook for moral support, but why would I depend so much on him? Why would his words calm me down? I shove my phone back in my jeans and rub my sweaty palms on the couch.

The bell breaks my slow mental breakdown and I hear my mom yelling to get the door. The walk to the door feels like a walk to hell, a place I'm sure of Jimin will end up in. As soon as I open the door I'm met with Jimin's smiling face, that expression with little crescent eyes that I once loved.

"Hello there Taehyung", Mrs. Park draws my attention away from her son and smiles at me, "Thanks for having us over".

I open the door fully to let them in and accept the bottle of wine her husband gives me. "You should thank my mother for that", I smile nervously, gulping as Jimin walks past, his skirt ruffling and touching my leg. I see him glance at me sideways and I need to collect myself for a minute when they disappear into the living room.

"Get your shit together Taehyung", I mumble, hitting the side of my head with the palm of my hand.

"Taehyung!", my mom yells and I jog to the living room where everyone is sitting down, "You can sit next to Jimin".

I try not to look nervous and act calm as I make my way to Jimin, pulling the chair back and sit next to him. As I shuffle the chair underneath the table I notice Jimin's thighs that peek from underneath the white tennis skirt. Traces of nails raking over his skin are evident and I swallow the tears that are trying to rise away. I won't cry because of him, not again.