Chapter Twenty | A New Friend

There was a knock on the door, the first year opened it. "Hello?" He looked around, there was no one in site. He rolled his eyes. "Probably just a ding-dong-ditch." His eyes looked at the floor, the brown eyes widened. There was a pink letter with a purple heart sticker that acted as a letter seal. He picked it up and looked around one more time, then went back inside his hotel room. He sat on his bed, with his shaky hands, opened the letter. The high school student read the letter.
Dear Haruki Akio,
You have proven me wrong. I could not believe that someone could have any interest in me. I thought that the letter was a prank at first, but I was wrong. I apologize, but I can not accept your feelings. I do not know anything about you besides your appearance and your voice and you do not know anything about me. We don't have any kind of relationship with each other. We have not even talked to each other before the beach. I'm sorry that it has to be this way. You seem like a good, kind, honest kid. When I read your letter, it seems that you believe in a thing called "love at first sight" but I do not believe in that. I like to get to know the person first before establishing my feelings for them. Again, I'm sorry that I have hurt your feelings and that I can't accept them.

Sincerely, Maka Hiroko

Tears fell from Akio's eyes. He read the letter over and over again until a word caught his eye. Kid Akio laid back into the bed and his soul flew out of his body. "This 8th grader sees me, a high school student, as a kid!" Akio cried in agony. "How humiliating!"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Le Time Skip to the Next School Day

Hiroko stuffed her face with cake. She licked her plate clean and shoved it aside. "Give me another!" She demanded. Honey put another slice of vanilla cake on the plate and Hiroko ate more. Haruhi asked. "Is she alright?" To no one in particular. Asagao, Hiroko's older sister answered, " Hiroko eats when she feels guilty about something." The host club members circled around the baseball player. "What did you do Hiroko?" They all asked at the same time. Hiroko answered with cake still in her mouth. "I mafd an wittle boyf sad!" She cried. The hosts looked at each other with confusion, unable to translate what Hiroko said. Asagao translated. "She made a little boy sad." They all nodded, now they understood why Hiroko's sad. Tamaki slapped the youngest host on the back of her head. "Ow!" The middle school student yelled with some cake flying out of her mouth.

Tamaki said angrily. "Do I need to re-teach you how to be a hostess?!" Hiroko shook her head. Tamaki said, "Being a hostess is about making people happy! Not making them sad!" Hiroko yelled. "Do you think I don't know that?! She stuffed her face with cake again. Honey hugged his pink bunny. "There has to be an reason why she made the little boy sad!" Takashi hummed and nodded in response, argreeing with Honey. Haruhi asked. "How did you make the kid sad?" The twins laughed. "Now that I can answer!" Hikaru pulled out something from his pocket. "Hiroko received a love letter~" Karou said. This caught Hiroko's attention, she swallowed the cake that was still in her mouth and faced the twins. She tried to grab the letter, but Hikaru held it up high, too high for her to reach. The red head twin said, "I caught Hiroko writing a rejection letter to him." Hiroko stood on the chair, it was shaking a bit. "Who wants to read Hiroko's confession letter?" The 14 year old grabbed the letter, yelling "I got it!" in victory, but the chair fell backwards making her fall into the red head who took the letter that was given to her.
Her head hit his chest. "S-Sorry Hikaru." Hiroko stood up and helped Hikaru up on his feet. "Thanks." Hikaru mumbled and looked away flustered. Hiroko shrugged and said. "Well, thanks for giving me back my letter!" She winked even though he wasn't looking, but actually the red head did see her wink on the corner of his eyes. Hikaru's face was a shade of pink.
"Um, excuse me?" Hiroko turned to the familiar voice. It was Haruki Akio. The hostess smiled nervously to the 1st year and waved. "Oh. Hello Haruki-Senpai." Akio smiled awkwardly and waved also. He walked up to Hiroko, not paying attention to Asagao fangirling about how her little sister finally has someone that likes her.
Akio scratched the back of his neck. "H-Hello Maka-Chan." The 1st year took a deep breath. He looked Hiroko in the eye and said. "I want to be your friend!" Hiroko blinked, she wiped some frosting off of her cheeks. "My . . . Friend?" Akio's cheeks were a deep red. "Y-Yes! Please be my friend." Akio held his hands into hers. His face close to hers. Hiroko blushes from the closeness. (I can tell that you guys are yelling "NOOO!" . . . Maybe? Yes? No? Tell me if you did or not and your reaction to this in the comments lol XD) "Yo-You said that you want to know the person first before establishing what kind of relationship you have with them." Akio closes his eyes and yelled. "PLEASE ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST!" It was silent for a few seconds. Hiroko laughed. This shocked Akio, heck, it shocked everyone in the music room. Akio was wondering. 'Did I say something funny?' Hiroko smiled and patted his head. "I would love to be friends with you!" Akio smiled. "Really?!" Hiroko nodded. "Yes, but please stop yelling!" She laughed. Tamaki hugged Akio, cause of his cuteness. Then Hiroko, separating the two. The blonde spun her around in circles. "You're right! I don't need to re-teach you how to be a host!" Tamaki was crushing Hiroko, but she didn't mind it. She was too happy that she proved Tamaki wrong and that she made a friend. ~Hiroko whispers to the readers~ "Hope you guys have a good day today!" ヾ(^∇^)