Chapter Twenty Four | LARP

"Kenta."

"Yeah?"

"How do you feel about cosplaying?"

Kenta took a couple of steps back from me and almost fell in the process. "Not again." He said. I groan in annoyance. "Why won't you do it? You use to LARP." Kenta quickly shushed me and said. "Don't mention that! Every again!"

Haru and I looked at each other from across my desk. We both chant. "LARP. LARP. LARP. LARP. LARP!" The blonde tugs his hair and screams. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" Haru and I laugh at how Kenta deals with his past cringe. Haru asks. "What's wrong with LARP?" I nod, not understanding what was wrong with live action role playing.

Kenta shivers at the thought. "I- I can't be seen as a nerd again . . Okay?!" I think back at the elementary school and the 6th grade days. I remember how I would force Kenta to dress up like from Beyblade Metal Fusion.

I recall the days where Kenta would go to school dressed up like a player from LOLOL, which is short for League of Loneliness of Life. I remember when my nerdy friend would bring comic books and dolls, or what he would call them, action figures.

I smile as I reminiscence all of those things. Kenta was so adorable and happy back then, but his radiant, cheerful, sunshine smile didn't stop the bullies from bullying him. I remember when he would get mad at me for sticking up for him because he would be made fun of by how a girl would defend him instead of him fighting back.

Looking back, sometimes I wonder if he really was a happy kid or would hide his sadness with his smile.

Kenta shakes his head. "Anyways, why ask? Are you planning something?" I got up from my seat and lean my bum against my desk. "Well, I want to cosplay with you guys. We haven't done that in a while." Kenta sighs and crosses his arms. "As long as it's not LARP, then I'm okay." I smile and sweat nervously. Haru wipes my sweat off with a handkerchief and says. "I'm fine with it. It's like putting on a costume for Halloween, but not on Halloween." I snap my fingers and point my pointer finger and thumb up at him. "Exactly! He gets it!"

Kenta rolls his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah." He scratches his nose. "So what am I dressing up as?" I smile and chuckle softly. I quickly grab the costumes and gave the clothing to them. "Ta-da!" I sing and smile with hands up in the air, then down to my hips. As Kenta looks at his costume, I tip-toe my way to Haru and whisper in his ear. "Meet me at the roof top." I pass him some items that are crucial to the cosplay while role playing experience. After I hand my friend the items, I sprint away. I knew that Kenta would get mad at me because of the costume I chose for him, so that's why I had to run!

What Kenta saw irk him. "Hiroko . . . " He growled. He looks up and sees that I was no longer in sight. "Huh!?" Kenta turns to Haru. "Hey, do you know where . . . Hiroko is?" In his friend's hand are beyblades.

*~*~*

I stroke my invisible beard while sitting criss-cross in the middle of the roof top. I laugh like an old man thinking of pervy thoughts with a light pink blush dusted on my cheeks. "Oh ho ho ho!" A glint shine in my eye as I thought of the fun me and the guys are going to have while role playing. My blue scarf and red wig dances with the wind passing by. Two 8th graders came through the doors. One dressed up as and another dressed up as Kenta Yumiya.

"Where is she!? All I see is a guy up here." I hear Kenta ask with a hint of anger in his voice. Haru says after him. "Maybe she is hiding somewhere?" I chuckle. That chuckle turns into a loud laugh. I place my palms on the floor then lift myself up, but then fall back down because my noodle arms can't handle my weight. I groan and instead of trying to do something cool like I intend to do, I turn myself around by butt scooting. "Okay, yup, I did that."

I cough. Now I am in front of a beystadium along with Haru and Kenta's stares. "Welcome children." I say with a smile. The two boys yell when they realize it's me. "It's a trap!" My eye twitch. I scoff, then said. "I see you may want to battle me-" Kenta asks. "Why would we!? Don't tell me we're going to LARP, are we?!"

"Why? Of coarse not."

Kenta sighs in relief.

"We're going to CWRP!"

"What does that stand for?" Kenta asks.

"Cosplay While Role Playing!" Was the answer.

Kenta yells, "That's the same thing as LARPing!" I yell back. "There is a difference!"

"What's the difference?" Haru asks curiously.

I yell. "Thy are different letters!"

Kenta face palms. "I'm leaving!" I shoot out my bey, Pegasus, in front of Kenta. "Kenta. Are you running away from a battle?" Dramatic music plays in my head. 'Yes . . this is what I want.' Kyoya (Haru) plays along. "Kenta! What's the matter with you?!" He yells with his hand clench to a fist. "You don't just run away from a battle." A snarl of firmness can be heard from his voice.

I, the Legendary Blader, stands up. "Kenta, I know how much you love beyblade. You can't just run away and hide it."

The kid (Kenta) keeps his eyes on Pegasus. A few moments later, he turns around and makes eye contact with me, Gingka Hagane. "It doesn't hurt to have fun once in a while." I say. " Kenta, you always fight for what's right with Sagittario by your side."

Kyoya adds,"And have fun having beyblade battles." I take Pegasus back. "What do you say?" Kenta looks up, "I say . . " He shoots his Bey in the stadium, "Let it rip!" A smile appears on our faces. "That's what I like to hear! Kyoya! You and Leone battle Kenta and Sagittario!" Kyoya (Haru) sent his bey in the stadium.

The green haired boy (Kenta has a wig on) smiles, knowing the message behind the CWRP and why I set everything up, or that's what he thinks. He doesn't know is that I had no intention of giving him a message of, "It's okay to like things that others may think is weird." I just want to play like the childish girl I am. :P

*~*~*

A/N~ It's okay to like things that others may think is weird.

Along with the message, we now know some stuff about Kenta's past!

Looking back, sometimes I wonder if he really was a happy kid or would hide his sadness with his smile.

Do you guys think that Kenta was happy at school? Or do you think he was secretly sad inside? If so, tell me your reason in the comments below?