Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Taylors POV

"what's his name?" Niall looked over at me while we drove to Harry's apartment.

"Jackson..."

He just nodded, giving me a small smile, "I'm happy for you Tay."

He pulled into the apartment complex and dropped me off, "thank you Niall." he smiled again and drove off. I quickly ran up the stairs and knocked on the door. A few moments past and the door swung open, Harry stood behind it with his shirt off, he looked drunk.

"what do you want?"

"I want to talk to my kids." I retort

"well they're asleep."

I saw behind him a girl sitting on the couch with a glass of wine. And behind her was my son running over to the door, "mommy!"

I lifted him up "hey there cutie" even though he was a big five year old, I loved holding him close to me. "yeah, they're asleep harry." I pushed through the door and looked at the female, "hi. I'm Stephanie"

"I don't care" I turned away from her and to Harry, "where's Audrey?"

"her room." He pointed towards one door down the hall and I put Mason down, walking towards it. I knocked on it once and walked in, "I don't want to talk dad"

"it's me sweetie." I walked in more, sitting on her bed where I saw her laying on her side, looking at the wall. "I've missed you" she didn't move, like my statement didn't even phase her. Mason sat next to me and played with the bottom of his t-shirt.

"Audrey doesn't talk anymore"

"I can talk Mason. I just don't want to" she snapped, he was taken back by her, putting his head down. "I'm sorry" he was soft with her

"Mason, can I talk to your sister alone?"

He nodded and walked out, heading back to the living room. "can I show you something really cool?" I asked, pulling out my phone. "I think you'll really enjoy it"

She finally turned towards me, her eyes were puffy and red. I didn't ask any questions, I just went to my pictures and showed her a few from the mountains. "I hiked... a lot! And I went with a friend and he takes pictures for a living." I told her Jackson was a friend since I didn't know what he was just yet. I showed the few of us together, a few he took of me struggling up the hill and some of just the nature around "he's really cute mom"

I giggled, "he is isn't he?" I gave her my phone so she can swipe through the pictures herself. I admired her as she scrolled through the photos, when I noticed the raised, red, scabbed skin on her left wrist.

"...Audrey?" she looked up at me, dropping her smile when she noticed what my eyes were fixed on. She quickly rolled her sleeve down and looked down. "has Bridget ever showed you her left arm?" she shook her head and I continued with my story, "when she was 14 she cut. One night things got too tough for her and she spiraled down quickly. She took some of my anxiety pills and some alcohol, causing her to get weary, as she was leaving the last strike she collapsed bringing the razor down with her. She blacked out and when I got back she had blood all around her. One more minute and she would have been dead."

She put her head down, still hiding her scars "what I'm trying to say is look at her now. A son with two kids on the way... she is so happy with life. It's not worth what you think hurts you now. Because years from now, those people won't matter, but your life will." I brought her close to my chest and kissed the top of her head. "those people don't understand how much they hurt others. But when you get older, you will be SOOO much better than them, don't give them the satisfaction of it." She nodded and pulled away. I whipped away her tears and gave her one last hug.