Chapter 72

Taylor's POV

What does your mom mean to you?

"What does my mom mean to me? That's a loaded question don't you think?" Audrey laughs and looks behind the camera, "Mason what'd you say?" The crowd laughs at my daughter "No I'm just kidding, my mom is well, my mom. She's this selfish women that--"

"Moms not selfish!" A banana makes its way on screen and hits Audrey in the face. "it's selfless"

"That's what I said didn't I?" she throws the banana back at my son and looks at the camera, "my mom is SELFLESS," she emphasizes, "no, but as I said before that she's a selfless women that is just phenomenal, she-she dropped everything for Bridget and me, and made us her number one priority the moment I was born. She's someone that puts others before her and I couldn't be anymore thankful for that. My mom is amazing" Audrey smiles, "I couldn't have asked for anyone better"

Mason walks into the screen and sits on his sister, "my turn?" she nods and puts her head on Masons shoulder, "mom sucks" he stands and walks away as Audrey dies of laugher, allowing the crowd to do the same

He walks back in and laughs, sitting back down on his sister, "no I'm just kidding. Our mom raised us practically as a single parent, sorry dad... but for her to be a mom and a dad to us is something Audrey and I sometimes take for granted. She knows when to push us and when to back away, mostly for Audrey when she's PMSing, talk about a female dog" Audrey hits his shoulder, the crowd laughs. "But in all seriousness, she's always there for us, no matter what. And we love her" Mason smiles and Audrey nods her head behind him

"Bridget!" They scream in unison and my adoptive daughter comes into screen, pushing her siblings off the chair, sitting down.

"Thank you." she takes off the mic, "am I done here?"

Everyone in the room laughs and so does the audience. "I'm kidding! Oh Taylor, what does she mean to me. What an amazing question for you to ask me, are we being serious?" she looks around and smiles, "Okay, so being serious, Taylor changed my life in so many ways this video wouldn't even break the surface. But she knows how much she means to me and her kids expressed the amazing mother we all share. Our mom stayed out of the industry for years to take care of Audrey and me and when Mason came around she took care of him as well. But what she doesn't know is that we are all ready for her to shine again because we understand what we took from her, and now it's time for us to give back."

"Ow, Mason stop!" Audrey's voice is apparent off screen

"Are you kidding me?! It was so serious and I was just about to announce something and you two screwed it up" Bridget jokes with them and sighs, "gosh"

"Well Mason punched me!"

"you two are worse than my own kids" she looks up at the camera and smiles, "anyway, congratulations mom on this award and the many to come when we make you make another album, and so on. So here's to you"

The lights go down and the screen moves up slowly, starting the guitar from Tim McGraw. Harry comes and sits next to me and puts his hand on my thigh. Tears immediately start to stream down my face as Audrey stands on the large stage playing the guitar, "He said the way my blue eyes shined put those Georgia stars to shame that night, I said that's a lie"

She smiles down at me and continues through the chorus, giving the guitar away and grabbing a banjo, starting in the middle of Our Song. I can't help the tears that keep falling from my face but I laugh at her quirkiness on stage.