Chapter 26

Chapter 26
Taylor's POV

Tears threaten to spill from her light blue eyes as she walks towards me. "You never wanted me?" her voice was soft, from defeat.

"It's not like that Bridget"

"Then what other way is there Taylor? there's only so many different ways you can spin off, I've never loved you"

"I never said I didn't love you."

"Well, you implied it. I got the hint. I won't come around anymore. Sorry for making your life hell. goodbye Taylor." She grabs her purse from the table and I stop her out the door.

"Just please listen to me." She stops so i can continue. "There's more to it then you think. Just please come inside." Either because she felt defeated or she had to know before leaving, but she turn on her heel and came back in.

I grabbed her a water and she sat on the couch, three feet away from me. I attempted to move closer but she moved chairs. "Stop trying to be my friend and tell me."

Flashbacks of every memory with her floods through my mind. Playing basketball together, watching her in the play, going to LA for the weekend, visiting her family. I know she's never going to speak to me again as soon as I tell her.

12 years earlier

"Hell of a concert out there Tay!" Amos comes into my dressing room as I pack up.

"Thanks Amos!" I waved him goodbye and headed out to the SUV. We were staying in Michigan for three shows so I was just heading back to the hotel room.

My mom was sitting in the back when I got in. "Great job tonight" I give her a hug and take a seat, buckling up.

Heading down the road, I put my headphones in, and resting my head on the window, watching the world go by.

I had always been intrigued by the different towns, and I especially love Michigan. It seems to have the best of both worlds, city's with in arms reach, and country like areas nearby. Not to mention anywhere you go there's going to be some body of water.

A young women is walking down the street, she's got a black hoodie on, with the hood up, covering her face. Smoke billows out from her mouth. Her jeans are torn at the knees and her Chuck Taylor's are worn to the end.

"Poor girl probably doesn't have anywhere to go." My mom comments, looking over my shoulder out the window. "Steve, can you pull over."

"Mom what are you doing!?"

"Oh Taylor, this poor girl probably is sleeping in the cold tonight. I could only guess she's 15" the car stops on the side of the road and she attempts to run. I don't blame her. My mom gets out of the car and holds her arm, in a gentle matter.

"Hey sweetheart, what's your name?"

"What's it to ya?" She takes whatever the substance she has and puts it in between her teeth, taking another puff.

"My daughter and I were just heading back from a concert. Can I bring something to you?"

"fuck off miss. I can live my own life" she spits

My mom is taken back, but the girl looks over at me, "Taylor Swift?" her voice is monotone, not compared to other fan girls.

I roll my eyes and get out of the car, "hi! Sorry, my mom can come off a little pushy, how about you come to the hotel with us."

Her eyes dart to me and then my mom. "I don't talk to strangers."

Well at least her mom taught her something right. "We're not strangers though! Come on, one night. I can get a separate room for you if you feel uncomfortable..." will my mom just give up? This girl doesn't want our help, then why are we giving it to her?