Chapter 57

Taylor's POV

"Mom! where are my knee pads!?" Audrey has been up since seven this morning bothering me about everything imaginable.

First she needed eggs for tryouts and then they were too runny for her taste so I had to make her another one. And then she needed toast with grape jelly. And not the grape jelly we have but the grape jelly the neighbors have.

So I had to drive to the store at 7 in the morning to pick out the wrong grape jelly, once again and then have to head back to pick out the perfect jelly for my wonderful daughter that I love so much.

"They're under your bed" her try outs weren't for another hour but she still manages to freak out, get ready and not find a single thing. And of course, being the mother I am, I know where everything is.

I've finally had a chance to sit down and have some coffee but Mason comes up crying because he slammed his finger in the door. So here I am, wrapping up Masons fingers, watching my daughter run around the house looking for god knows what and having Ed sit and watch it all.

"You know you can help"

"Nah, I'm more of a people watcher" he laughs and takes a sip of his coffee. Well, my coffee because I made it and I haven't even had a chance to drink it.

"Better?" I look up at Mason who has wiped his eyes and nodded, pulling his hand away, "do you need ice?"

"Mom! I can't find them!"

"In the blue bin under your bed"

"Oh, I found them"

"Were they under your bed?"

"Yeah..." her voice becomes quieter from her room and for a moment, the house is silent. "Mom! there's a hole in the left knee! I can't wear these!"

She comes storming out of her room and down the stairs, shoving the knee pad in my view, "see? a hole right there"

I see a small hole maybe the size of a nickel, and it's not even the padding, it's the fabric that has the rip, "it's barley noticeable"

"If I don't make the team it's going to be all your fault!" she groans and runs up stairs to put her hair up.

"The things I do for that child" I half laugh and Ed chuckles next to me. My phone starts to vibrate and I see Harry's name come up

"Why is dad calling you?" Mason sees my phone as well

"I'm supposed to have lunch with him and discuss custody again, since the restraining order was lifted and all. He wants to see you guys more" I pick at my nails and ignore the buzzing of my phone

"I am NOT going to his house! ever!" Audrey screams from her room and I choose to ignore my daughter, "I can't even focus on this. Mom can you drive me. I'm too anxious and I'll probably speed my ass off" she comes down the stairs with everything in hand.

"Yeah, just call me when you're done. I'll obviously be having lunch in town" she nods and runs to the kitchen to grab a water bottle

"I'm ready"

"Are you sure? Maybe you want some jam instead of jelly?" I joke, making my annoyance present. She rolls her eyes at me and heads to the car.

I walk over to Mason, giving him a kiss on the forehead and making sure his fingers are okay and then saying goodbye to Ed.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ed right now. He's been great with the kids and amazing to have around to help, but I just feel like I've been using him and I never actually got a chance to cope with the divorce. Or maybe I'm just crazy and this will actually work out...