Chapter 48

Audrey's POV

Mason tried to get off the couch before me but I use his face to push me forward, ahead of him. We both run up the stairs and see uncle Ed sitting on the couch.

"Uncle Ed!!" we scream for him in unison and he wraps us both in a hug

He chuckles when we pull away and looks at our mom behind us, "you guys are all so big!"

"Yeah I mean Mason is getting pretty fat"

"Hey!" his voice cracks and we laugh

"What are you doing here?"

"It's good to see you too Audrey" he laughs and I join him, "I'm kidding. I'm actually here to pick up Harry's stuff but in all honesty I want to burn all of it"

"Can I at least burn something of his? he burned my door down"

Shock in uncle Ed's eyes show and my mom laughs, "Harry went batshit crazy when we found Audrey stoned"

"Hell I've done weed, look at me now" he puts his arms up and does a spin

"You're not married with no kids" I joke

"Oh, right thanks for reminding me" he pushes me a tad and we laugh again.

Our mom leaves the room, in my assumption to order the pizza and uncle Ed goes to her room, grabbing all of my dad's stuff. He throws me a pair of my dad's shoes, "you can burn these. I never liked them anyway"

"You're not setting anything of your fathers stuff on fire" she yells from the kitchen

"I'll keep them in my car. You and me will find a time to burn them" uncle Ed whispers to me and I nod, giving the shoes back, "it's just a pair of shoes Taylor"

"No Ed"

"Please,"

She comes from the kitchen with a smile on her face, "what are you my fourth child?"

"Hell, I could pass for it. Bridget's only what like six years younger than you?"

"I started real young" she jokes and Mason and I both cringe our noses

Ed laughs with her and then turns back to us, "well I've got to go give this shit to your father. I'll be back tomorrow morning" he turns to my mom "lunch sound good?" she smiles at him and nods.

What was that all about?

The door closes and Chris comes from the basement, "I should probably get going..."

"What? no stay" I comment, realizing how needy I sound, "mom he can stay right?"

"I don't see a problem with it, we have a guest bedroom next to Masons for you to sleep in tonight." He nods in thanks to her and the doorbell rings. Holy shit that was fast.

Our mom opens the door and to our surprise my dad comes stumbling in, "full custody!? you took fucking full custody of the kids?!"

"Yes Harry and I have them up until you can get sober again and see someone about your anger. But until then you're not allowed to come to 50 feet of them." She stands tall when she talks to him and I'm proud of her "I can call the cops on your right now."

"That wouldn't be the first time now would it Taylor?"

"You just need to go home."

"No! No! I want to see my children!"

"No you don't. You just like the idea of seeing your children. You need to leave Harry." She pushes him out the door and he attempts to fight her until he gives up and walks back to the taxi. "That went a lot better than I thought" she chuckles and opens the door again to see the pizza kid.