Chapter 64

Audrey's POV

Mason came running into my room waking my dad and me up, "Audrey we have to go to school!"

"You guys are sick today" my dad comments, "hand me your phone" he moves from under me and dials the schools number, "Hi, yes this is Harry Styles, I'm calling my kids in today because they seem to have come down with food poisoning"

"moms gonna kill us" Mason whispers and I chuckle, getting out of bed and brushing my hair

"Mason Styles and Audrey Swift" he nods a couple times and then hangs up, handing the phone back to Mason, "I have an idea"

"Sounds dumb already" I comment putting my ugly glasses on and start to walk towards my door. After last night we didn't say anything and both fell asleep. Though I'm mad at my dad for letting my mom go, I'm pissed that my mom made him go.

"You want mom happy?"

"Yeah Audrey, just listen to his suggestion"

"ugh, fine what is it"

My dad sits and explains the love my mom had for performing and then he started making calls. I was all different kinds of confused but whatever, he said it was going to make my mom happy and I miss her laugh. Not that fake thing she lets out when Ed was around. The laugh she had with dad the day they were stoned together, that laugh.

"I have to run some errands, I'll be home in a little bit, distract your mom until I get back" he kisses us on the forehead and runs out the door

"Okay, did you understand any of that?" I ask Mason and pour cereal for the both of us

"Yeah, dads going to get everyone from moms Red tour since she never got to perform. Duh" he acts like it was the easiest thing to understand. I roll my eyes at him and pour my milk, sitting at the counter.

How the hell are we supposed to get her into the Gillette stadium without her thinking this is for her? She's a lot smarter than she looks that's for sure.

But I'm excited to see my mom perform. I've never been able to see her actually sing. I've watched videos and I've heard her sing in the shower but she hasn't picked up a guitar in forever, like she is incapable of playing things anymore.

Or maybe she doesn't want to remind herself of what she lost because of me. She hasn't written a single thing after I was born, she doesn't even talk about her past, and she avoids the paparazzi like they're a disease. Does she even know how to sing....? Just kidding, I know she can.

"Why aren't you guys at school?!" our mom comes down the stairs in panic and throws a sweatshirt over her body, "did your car break down again? Why didn't you wake me?"

"Mason and I have food poisoning"

"what?"

"dad called us in sick" Mason gives her the real reason and I wish he didn't because I wanted to play it off so we didn't have to figure out another way to distract her, but I mean whatever

"Why?! No, you guys are going to school. Come on get dressed"

"I don't feel good mom" I hold my stomach and run to the couch, lying down, "I'm going to throw up"

"Cut it off Audrey, you're not missing school today" she pulls me off the couch and directs me up my room, "I'm still mad at you for last night"

"Mom!" Mason screams from the living room and we both turn around to see his cereal bowl on the floor, "I'm sorry. I tripped and it-it jus-"

"Mason! I just cleaned that floor!"

"Actually we did" I comment and I get a glare in return. Mason looks up and smiles at me when my mom bends down to grab his bowl. I'm glad he had a plan.