Chapter 61

Taylor's POV

"Hey mom, can I have peter over?" Mason comes in freshly showered and in a cute button up with jeans, "or can I go to his house?"

"Yeah, he can come over"

"Where is Audrey?" he asks, sitting next to me on the couch

"She's out with your dad"

"Oh. Cool" he smiles at me and stands back up, "I'm going to call Peter now" he walks back downstairs and I remain in the same position.

Ed comes down the stairs and sits on me, straddling my waist and kissing at my neck. I hold around his waist and back but place my head on his shoulder. He doesn't stop until I push him away and he sits down next to me, "what's wrong?"

"Audrey's with Harry"

"And what's the problem?"

"She's with Harry" I repeat and he chuckles, "she's my little girl. Not his"

"She needs a dad, Taylor"

"I can be a dad too. I was all her life" I sigh and put my head on his shoulder again, bringing my knees to my chest. "I feel like she doesn't need me anymore"

"Oh, don't be so dramatic Tay"

"Don't call me that"

"What, just because Harry did and he shows out of nowhere, takes your daughter for a nice day in Nashville because he finally cares about her, you don't allow me to call you Tay?"

"I just don't want to be called that right now"

"Harry's not here to hurt you"

"He already did Ed!" I stand and he quickly gets behind me and grabs my arm. I panic and push him away, not wanting what happened with Harry to now happen with Ed, "get off of me! You're not doing anything to comfort me"

The doorbell sounds and Mason sprints up the stairs and answers it. Ed drops my arm before Mason can notice something wrong. The blonde haired kid comes in the house and Mason brings him back down to his room or the living room, I don't know and at this point I really don't care what he does.

I make my way to the kitchen and start cleaning the counter profusely, "will you stop cleaning for just one damn second?" I throw the sponge down, looking up at Ed, "why do you have such a big problem with Audrey having a relationship with her father!"

"Because I have worked so hard to protect her from all the bad in the world and I don't want him going out and screwing it up!"

"He's not a bad guy Taylor! He's done bad things but he cares for Audrey now"

"Jus-just stop okay!? I don't need to hear your input on the relationship I have with my ex-husband"

"But I do! I have been with you for what three months now, I know everything Taylor and I'm trying to let you know that it's okay for Audrey to want to be with him!"

I roll my eyes at him and scoff, turning around and putting the dishes in the dishwasher, "stop cleaning!"

"Don't tell me what to do! I'm going to clean if I want to clean!"

"You're cleaning away your problems!"

"Let me do whatever I want" I push him away from my arm and he goes for it again, "Ed, stop, stop trying to fix me! Stop telling me what to feel and what to expect and not expect. I don't need you Ed!" I cover myself as soon as the words fly out of my mouth and Ed steps away from me. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean it like that"

He shakes his head and backs up slowly, "you know what Taylor, I thought that maybe these guys leave you is because they're unaware of what they're missing but really it's all because you're so bat shit crazy all the damn time! You don't stop! You don't know how to settle down or relax! You're so fixed on your ex-husband that you can't realize what you've done to our relationship! I give, give, give until I can't give anymore and you just take, take and fucking take from me!"