Chapter 43

Audrey's POV

I grabbed Chris' hand and ran out the door, putting the helmet back on and sitting on his moped. "please can we just go"

"Audrey!" my mom is running out the door behind me and I tug on Chris' leather jacket again and he finally sits down, putting his helmet on and starting up the moped.

"Go, please Chris." I beg and hold on to him tight while he flies forward. I fight back my tears as he pulls into my driveway. He gets off the crotch rocket and I turn around, "what are you doing?"

"well, I was going to figure out what you were doing and then follow you around" he laughs and unclips my bag, handing it to me. "I'm pro at running away, if that's what was on your mind"

"how'd you guess?"

"the look in your eyes"

He follows me up the stairs and my dad is passed out on the couch, Mason is sitting next to him watching TV. "Hey sis, dads passed out again" he jokes and turns off the TV, walking over to me, "Hey, I'm Mason"

"Chris" he shakes his hand and I pass my brother to my room. I grab my backpack and grab as many things as I can fit into it, one sweatshirt and sweatpants and then many, many regular clothes. I throw one of my cameras in there and zip it up. A knock on my doorframe catches my attention, "Au-Audrey what are you doing?"

"If mom or dad asks where I am, I'm at Bethany's and if they don't find me at Bethany's, I'm at Grandma Andreas."

"Don't drag me into this lie Audrey"

"well, then don't tell them I'm anywhere Mason, just leave me alone" I swing the bag around my shoulder and pass him down to the living room

"Mom is going to freak out, not to mention how pissed dad is going to be" he follows behind me

"does it look like I care Mason? I'm so done with this family. I'm the fucking victim 24/7 and I'm tired of it. I did nothing worse then what Bridget did at this age; I don't know what's different"

"Stop being such a drama queen! Mom and dad are doing to you because they love you enough to care! So stop being so selfish and unpack that damn bag!" Our dad starts to move about and I take my chance to leave.

Chris hands me the helmet, "Where to?"

"the bank, and then the airport" all he does is nods and we head to the bank.

"hi, I need to withdraw 4,000 dollars from my account" I hand her my card and license and she takes a look at me

"any specific reason?"

"Can you make half of that in pounds?"

"Ms. we can't do withdraws over 1,000 dollars if you're under 18" She hands me my cards back and I run my hands through my hair

"Then do 1,000 dollar withdraws four times."

"Mam I can't--"

"It's okay I know her family." The manager comes in behind the teller and takes my cards, "you want 2,000 in pounds?"

"if you can do that, then yes please"

"Does your mom know you're taking this much out Audrey?" his keys open up a drawer and I keep my focus on his hands, "it's a lot of money for a 16 year old to be handling"

"yeah, it's-it's for a school trip. She knows" I grab the 2,000 cash and put it in my wallet and the pounds in my backpack, needing them for later. When we get outside, the sun starts to set and I look at my watch, 5:47. "okay, you can just drop me off at the airport."