Chapter 59

Audrey's POV

Ed came up the stairs with a banjo and throws it at me, "can you pluck a banjo?"

"Of course I can, I live in the house of music. It would be a shame if I didn't" I chuckle and Bethany hands me a pick, "wow, we still have Taylor picks in the house?" I look to see my mother's face on the pick and chuckle

"show me what you've got" Ed sits down next to the other instruments. I started to pluck the melody of our song and then stop, Ed picks up the violin and plays a part. Then I join with him to play the fully melody. We go into the first chorus and I start to sing into the studio microphone, making fun of my mom's old accent. He laughs and dances with me while we play together.

Bethany can't sing to save her life, so she just sat laughing at the way Ed and I made fun of my mom. When the song ends I start plucking Should've Said No. "Remember when mom would have water that poured down on her and she was like you should've said NOO you should've gone HOMEE"

"I would like to say that probably was one of her worse performances she's had"

"vocally wise" I comment, "the entertainment was there"

"Yeah I mean she did a strip show right on stage" he jokes and grabs his old guitar, strumming with me. "hell I didn't mind it"

"That's gross, I don't need to know that" he laughs at me and starts to play bloodstream on his guitar. "What do you think she's doing?"

"No clue, tell you the truth"

"I've been spinning now for time, couple women by my side, I got sinning on my mind" I hum with him and check my phone. Blake wants to hang out tomorrow, but I have to make sure it's okay that I can. He stops singing and looks up at me, "thanks for making me look sweet around Taylor. Listening to me and all"

"it's so fun to watch her get frazzled, you also promised me 100 bucks at the end of this month" I add and he chuckles, "and I need as much as I can get to pay back my mom for running away"

"oh right, about that; we've been talking about you getting a job to get that money back" he stops strumming and I make my way to the piano, running my fingers over the keys.

"Figures, it was a lot of money"

"And if your mother tells you, you won't fight her right?"

"Are you guys down here?!" my mom's voice rings through the basement and Ed yells a yeah. She walks into the studio and all of our mouths drop. Her hair was cut to her shoulders and had a wavy style to it, letting her bangs side swipe across her forehead. She looks amazing, "you don't like it do you?"

"Holy shit Taylor"

"Mom, you look--"

"Wow Ms. Swift"

"Good or bad?" she runs her hands through her hair and we all stand speechless. No one says a thing and we all stare, "Derek said I looked younger"

"Holy shit Ms. Swift! I'll send my dad some flowers saying sorry for your loss. Wow" Chris runs down the stairs and stops at the sight of her

"Taylor you look amazing" Ed finally speaks up and walks over to her, grabbing her waist and attempting to pull her up the stairs

"you really like it? I was worried"

"Mom, you look amazing. You scream like you've never had kids" I smile and put the banjo down

"were you guys singing?" she tries to change subject and grabs the banjo. "I haven't played this thing in forever" she starts strumming a chord I don't recognize and puts it back down, "weird"