What did Ricky do?

The rest of the night was a blur. We had all gone to bed after the dare, and I wasn’t up for going home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       The next morning I woke up on the O2L couch with my hair out of the ponytail it was in earlier and there an empty, plastic soda bottle on my chest.  

                I threw the soda bottle to the ground and sat up. I looked around. Trevor had crashed here too. He was on the other couch, his mouth hanging open. I looked around the living room again and noticed Connor standing in the doorway to the kitchen, “Morning Con-Da-“ My sentence couldn’t be finished because of a huge yawn.

                Connor only laughed. He was also like my big brother the way Ricky was. He stopped laughing all at once than started to look at me seriously. He looked like he was about to talk, then looked at Trevor, approved of the fact he was really sleeping then finally said, “I know you haven’t been dating Ricky. And I also know you aren’t now.”

                My face went from care free to worried. How was it so obvious? I mean are prank didn’t even last a day! “Do the other boys know that? How do you know that? What the…?!”

                Connor looked almost like he was going to laugh, but then sat next to me on the couch and said, ‘Ricky told me the plan. He’s horrible at keeping secrets. He woke me up at three this morning because he said he had to tell someone. So we stayed up until about five talking about the plan and what was going to happen now, and how he really feels about you. Which he really does love you. He’s just been to afraid to admit it. And don’t worry I won’t tell the other boys, cause it really is a great plan.”

                I blushed. At so many things in those few sentences. “Thanks Connie.” I said. I was the one who invented Connie Frannie! No one believes me but it’s true! I started calling him it whenever he got emotional because we always joked that guys had no emotions.

                Right then Ricky decided to walk down the stairs. I gave him a death glare, but then I walked over to him and kissed him. I know! So unexpected.

                As soon as our lips met, everything I had tried to deny for years came to me. I finally believed that it was okay for me to like Ricky. I let my emotions get the best of me and I let them take over. For then I told myself I would think with my heart not head, but boy was that going to a mistake a regretted later.

                When Ricky and I came out of the kiss (After Connie’s gasps.) Said, “For having your first kiss last night, you’re a really good kisser. “

                I blushed, “You too.”

                Ricky smiled, “But my first kiss was in eighth grade remember.” How could I forget. I mean, it was at the school dance, by the bleachers, right where almost everyone at the dance could see. It was during a slow song. I had gone to the dance with a group of friends. Well, in reality that was Connor, Kian, and JC. I was considered somewhat cooler just because I hung out with eighth graders. Weird right?

                I was staring into Ricky’s eyes. Connor cleared his throat and we both slid a few inches away each other and faced Connor. Connor started laughing, “Where’d that come from?” He asked me.

                I looked over to Ricky, to Connor, then to my feet, then up at Connor, then back to my feet. After a few times of this in awkward silence I mumbled, “I gotta go get dressed.” I started running up the stairs two at a time. I heard Ricky call from the bottom step,

                “Your extra clothes are somewhere in the back of my closet and your extra makeup if in the back of the mirror cupboard.

                “Thanks!” I called as I entered Ricky’s room. Ricky’s room was relatively clean. There were a few clothes scattered on the floor and pokemon dolls falling off the bed. On his bed was also his opened laptop and his old DS teetering on the edge of the bed.

                I sighed and walked over to the bed pushing the DS onto the middle of the bed and closed the laptop. I then walked over to the mirror closet and slid the door over. I peaked inside at the mess of clothes, shoes, and jackets on the floor of the closet.

                I opened the door fully and flung the clothes onto Ricky’s bedroom floor. After a few minutes of digging in the clothes I found a flowery top and a pair of skinny jeans.

                Like I had said, Ricky and I had been best friends for forever. Especially after we graduated high school and started online schooling I ended up falling asleep at Ricky’s house. I always made sure I at least had a shirt and pants, and basic makeup in his house.

                I changed into the outfit in the back of Ricky’s closet. It felt so nice to be out of my ratchet (Yes I picked that up from Ricky.) clothes I had worn yesterday.

                I walked across the hall to the bathroom JC and Ricky shared. I knocked on the door and heard no answered. I opened the door and saw JC with his face squished against the mirror and drool running down it, “Justin!” I screamed. JC almost never woke up to JC… At least with me.

                “Justin!” I screamed again. This time JC’s face flew from the mirror and JC stumbled backwards hitting his head on the opposite wall, “Justin.” I sighed.

                JC shook his head in a daze and then looked at me, “What was I in here for?”

                “Don’t know.” I laughed, “Now get out.”

                JC looked down at his bare feet and walked slowly back to his room. I stepped in the bathroom and washed off my makeup and found my back up cover up and foundation. I put a thin layer of lip gloss on my lips and then walked down the stairs into the living room.