It's back

"I don't." He said.

        "Are you trying to deny the fact that you do?" I giggled.

        "No." Connor said, his voice suddenly becoming serious, "I don't." He got up and stormed off to his room.

        Ricky came down, "What's wrong with Connor?" He asked.

        "I don't know." I mumbled. I was searching my brain for why Connor could ask so sad and angry. The only thing that I could think of was about 4 months ago when Connor was depressd. We got him help and he said he was finally feeling better. He started being happier and more energetic again. We all thought he was finally better. I was really hoping that was wrong, and I had just pushed the wrong button with the Asiah thing.

        "lani? Lani? Lani!" I looked up. Ricky was looking at me curiously.

        "Sorry." I mumbled, "What were you saying."

        " I couldn't find any pink lipstick." He said, "Sorry."

        "It's fine." I said, "Um, I'm gonna go see what's wrong with Connor."

        "Yah." Ricky nodded, "I'll come with you."

        "No." I said, "This has more to do with Connor and me."

        "What?" Ricky frowned.

        "Just trust me." I said. I reached for him and gave him a hug.

        "Okay." He said. He still sounded like he didn't trust me.

        "Is someone jealous?" I teased.

        "Oh yah." Sarcasm dripped from Ricky's lips, "Totally."

        "Then let me go talk to Connor without acting like we're up there having an affair." I laughed.

        "Well go then!" Ricky and I were both laughing now.

        I went up the stairs and knocked on Connors door, "Come in Lani."

        "How'd you know it was me?" I asked.

        "You always knock the same way everytime." He replied,laying on his bed, still staring at his phone, using his left thumb to scroll down some sort of social media.

        "I never noticed." I said as I sat down on the edge of his bed, "I'm sorry about pushing you. If you don't like Asiah, you don't like Asiah."

        "That's not it." He mumbled.

        "What's wrong Connor?" I asked.

        "Nothing."

        "Connor."

        "Everything." He sighed. He set his phone back down on his bedside table.

        "Please tell me the depressions not back." I said. A tear appeared in the corner of my eye.

        We fought so hard the last time. It took us almost 3 months to help Connor back to normal. He had to take two different types of medications. There was a time when all he wanted to do was lay in his bed and go on Twitter.

        "I think it might be." Connor sighed.

        He leaned his head back and  hit it against the head of the bed. I sat down next to me and wrapped my arm around him, "It's gonna be okay."

        He rested his head on my head, "You sure."          

        I sat up straight and looked at him, "Don't worry Connor. We are all here for you."

        "You promise it'll all be okay." He asked.

        "I promise." I said, staring him in the eye.

        Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug.