Dinner, Movies, and Ordinary

LANI'S POV

   Later we went to Panera. It was a large group of people there with us. It was Connor, Ricky, Sam, JC, Trevor,  Kian, Asiah, Jeniffer (Sam's girlfriend), Cassidy, Andrea, and me. We had pushed together a few tables, but there still wasn't enough room for all of us. Andrea sat on Kian's lap, Cassidy sat on the top part of the booth so that Asiah could sit at her feet, and I sat on Ricky's lap.

   Everyone looked at Ricky and I when I slid onto his lap. This wasn't abnormal, what we were doing. Even before we were dating, if there wasn't enough seats I would sit on Ricky's lap. It was just expected. It was wierd seeing everyone eyeing us like that.

   "What's those looks for!" I randomly blurted out.

   The girls giggled and the boys, even Ricky bursted out laughing. "It's just different now that you guys are dating. I mean, sure you used to do it, but that was forced. Now you jumped at the oprotunity."

   It was true. Before when there wasn't enough room at a table everyone just expected us to sit like that. The first time I was the only girl, which wasn't weird for us, but there was room at the table for all but one of us.

   We had all gone to McDonald's or something. The boys had raced to sit down, draining a nearby table of it's chairs,  squishing them together as tightly as possible. I was the one who had ordered the food and waited for it, so of course I didn't get a seat.

   All of us wanted to sit. I was around 12. (that's when my mom finally let me hang out with friends without her. My dad always hated when I hung out around them, but that's another story.) We were hardheaded people, so none of us agreed to stand. I told Ricky, "Get up." He shook his head and squealed, "Nope. You gotta stand gurl."

   "If you wont stand I geuss I'll have to sit!" I proclaimed. I sat down on Ricky's lap. All the boy's laughed except Ricky who was spitting out my hair. I moved my hair and turned around and smirked at Ricky.

   He just shook his head and sighed. "If you get up, I'll stand." Ricky said.

   "Nah." I said leaning against Ricky and stuffing one of his fries in my mouth. Ever since then the boys expected me to sit on Ricky's lap when there wasn't enough room at a table. I used to complain, but that day I had just sat on Rickys lap when the othere couples could have sat like that, and I didn't say anything.

   "Oh." I said,

   Everyone laughed. Even I did.

   The rest of out group dinner went as usuall. Connor took pictures of all his food. There was once where he was trying to get a super cool angle of his drink, so I jumped right behind the cup and photobombed the picture. The funniest thing was he still put it on Instagram.

   Later on we finally got to the O2L house. "Let's watch a scary movie!" Sam blurted out. 

   Almost all of the girls were up for it, and of course all of the boys were. "Ummm...." I mumbled, "Mabey we could watch a comedy?" I asked. I had always hated watching scary movies. Even though the boys always watched scary movies, I could never handle watching one all the way through. When they forced me to watch IT, it took me over a year to not be afraid of dark bathrooms.

   "No!" Sam shouted, then followed by Kian and Cassidy, who had always loved scary movies.

    "But you guys know I hate scary mooooovies!" I whined.

   "Well then you can hide in Rickys lap like you do whenever else we watch a scary movie!" Sam said, in a more rude additude than a joking additude.

   "Whatever Sam." I said, plopping myself on the floor next to Ricky. He gave me a fake smile.

   Sam gave a wicked smile and went over to his special shelf of scary movies. He spent as much time as possible running his fingers along the spines of all the movies, waiting, taking out some of the scariest movies and staring at the covers for a while, then placing it back on the shelf and reapeating the proccess. When he finally picked out the movie he didn't let anyone see the cover.

   I took a deep breath, and had to try and control my breathing just during the commercials. Suddenly, I heat erry music coming from the TV and the words Exorcist lit up the screen. Exorcist was the one movie I had told the boys I wouldn't even try to watch the beging.

   I got up and simply walked away. I walked out of the living room and up the stairs to Ricky's room. I opened up Ricky's laptop and turned to grab the earphones so I could watch YouTube in peace.

   I looked on the screen and saw the video editing program up. I saw clips of us and some of our youtube friends all on pastel colored backrounds.

   I clicked on one clip in the section labeled bloopers. There was light sound playing in the backround and you could see all of us on the light blue backround crowded together. We all screamed, "Cause I don't give a what!" we all started laughing and Ricky grabbed me in a hug from behind. The clip lasted for almost another minute of us just laughing.

   Suddenly the door opened and Ricky walked in. He sat down next to me and clicked a few things on the computer. The song starts playing and I see the begining of the video. I run with Ricky and the boys down a dirt road and a go over an old wood fence in a swift movment. The next is clips of different one of us singing parts of the song. Then it showed me attacking JC with a water gun.

   Ricky turned off the computer and wrapped me in a cuddle and we layed down on the bed. He layed there with me for a while, with neither of us talking, just enjoying eachothers company. Suddenly Ricky started whispering in my ear, "TV sceen, Mario Kart, everyone knows that I get a head start. And it's never left unsaid." He sang soft and slow like a lulabye. Soon my eyes slid shut, and i fell asleep.